It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:15 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Sightings

Outrageous M44

Sales and Great Deals on the web and local stores

Outrageous M44

Postby Shepard » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:29 pm

Today I was out looking for supplies. 22 ammo and 209 shotshell primers for my cannon. Zero 22 ammo but -- I saw 10 M44s on the rack -- and that's were there staying -- 350.00 -- would you say a little over priced. I say so -- no matter how nice they may have been. At the 3rd stop I did finally find some primers and one box of sub-sonic --- 10.00 a box for primers and 14.00 a 100 for 22 ammo. It's getting crazy.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Re: Outrageous M44

Postby DevilDog » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

I keep waiting for it to calm down and get some supplies, but so far nothing. The prices on GB have gone nuts as well. I was monitoring Mosins there and suddenly even M91/30's are like $250 average.

Pat Burns flat lost his mind and is listing like 4 Sneak M39's at about $850 a piece, and those are the only ones listed right now :roll:
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby Shepard » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:27 pm

At my age I want to build maybe 2-3 more custom rifles. I'm going the receiver route, I feel the Mosin receiver makes for a very stable platform to build on. I can't find anything I like for what I can build money wise. A Remington L cheapo starts at about 500.00 dollars --- then you gotta scope it --- and what ever else and it's still not a true custom built gun. I bought 2 stocks from Lowels Design but other then that I've been able to do all my work myself. I feel blessed that I don't have to send it away to some one. I really like this forum. It's the most comprehensive group of builders I have found.
Shepard

Postby magoo1 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Was out and about at the local sporting goods store and picked up CCI-200 for $3.19 a hundred and a box of speer hot-core .308 150's for $21.01 a hundred, but that was all that was on the shelves. There was a lot of empty spaces where the hornady should be, and no powder to be had. It seems the "Scare/panic" is in full swing so far in this part of the world. I did look at the AR-15 area and they did have 30-40 20 round Thermold mags for sale, I did not buy any as I still have some P-mags for my Kel-tec.
Mosinitis not just a disease but a condition
magoo1
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Shepard » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

magoo1 wrote:Was out and about at the local sporting goods store and picked up CCI-200 for $3.19 a hundred and a box of speer hot-core .308 150's for $21.01 a hundred, but that was all that was on the shelves. There was a lot of empty spaces where the hornady should be, and no powder to be had. It seems the "Scare/panic" is in full swing so far in this part of the world. I did look at the AR-15 area and they did have 30-40 20 round Thermold mags for sale, I did not buy any as I still have some P-mags for my Kel-tec.

Your lucky you live where you can have mags with more then 7 bullets in it. In NY with the SAFE ACT that gov Como put in to law you can go to jail for having mags over 10 rounds ---- you better not get caught with more 7 in your 10 round mag. If I could move I would but my wife has a good job with the local school district. I own my land free and clear -- I got the best play room a man could ever have. My children are grown up and have excellent great paying jobs and they'd kill me if I moved away.LOL So I'll just have to keep all my highly illegal 25 round mags a my brothers home LOL
Shepard

Return to Mosin Nagant Sightings