It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:00 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Sightings

So I Took A Chance

Sales and Great Deals on the web and local stores

So I Took A Chance

Postby gandog56 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:36 pm

And bought a Century International "U-Fix-Em" Chinese T-53 for $54. Got it in and the only things I found wrong was an incredibly cruddy barrel, a missing cleaning rod,heavy tarnished bolt, and the wood stock was really nasty. I shined a flashlight down the bore and could not see the slightest bright light. The thing was completely plugged with old cosmoline. Three days of scrubbing the bore fixed that as much as is going to happen. A little work with a Dremel and metal polish made the bolt look much better. Bore is a little pitted, but the rifling is good and it is not counterbored. I found a fairly cheap replacement cleaning rod at all places, on Amazon.com. Now all I need is a replacement stock, and it will be an M44, not a horrible chu wood replacement T-53 stock. Took my Okie headspace gauges and the headspace is still good. Now I need to get it to a range.
Many people say I am paranoid because I have so many guns. If I have many guns, what do I have to be paranoid about?
gandog56
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 18 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Re: So I Took A Chance

Postby Grimstod » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Is this your first Tu53. I love mine it shoots great and the machining done by the chinks is awsom. Very well done. Bolt feels great too. I have lots of cosmalin on mine except for the critical functioning parts like bolt and bore
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle
Grimstod

Kudos Given: 290 times
Kudos  Received: 258 times
Medals: 7
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Sightings