It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:48 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Rifle Discussion

A New Family Member

Discuss all things non Mosin rifle related here

A New Family Member

Postby Grindl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:10 pm

I've taken the plunge for F-class completely . I've purchased a gently-used , Kelby .308 F-TR rifle . It's a Kelby ; left-hand bolt Stolle - Panda action , with a 30" Brux , 1-10 twist heavy varmint barrel . And a Jewell competition trigger , set at 4 ounces . A former U.S. Rifle team gun , that has 1,700 rounds down the barrel ,according to it's Logbook , and so far , a excellent shooter . Got a excellent deal , as I got nearly 200 loaded rounds of Berger 200.20x , 175 loaded rounds of Berger 200gr Hybrid , and another 175 prepped Lapua .308 Palma cases . Also included in the deal is a NIB , Kreiger 30" 1-10 , match chambered with the same reamer , for this rifle .
A Vortex Golden Eagle is on the "wish-list" , but for now , I've mounted a 6-24x50 HST , to make do . The HST is a excellent scope out to about 750-800 yards , but is not in the realm of the bigger Nightforce , March , and Vortex top of the line scopes used in 1,000 yard competition .

Get some pics up in the next week or so .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 196 times
Kudos  Received: 141 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Re: A New Family Member

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

That's so cool, I've been thinking about doing an F Class for a while but with CA out of it's mind I'm kind of thinking I'm going to have to leave here before I jump in to another class of rifles
Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Return to Rifle Discussion