It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:08 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Rifle Discussion

New project rifle under way for me not a Mosin this time

Discuss all things non Mosin rifle related here

New project rifle under way for me not a Mosin this time

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 am

Hey guys I've started work on a new rifle project in conjunction with Blue Grass Gun Stocks. I'm in development of a straight pull bolt action AR 15, I've not giving it a name or designation yet but perhaps SPAR-15. for straight pull action rifle.

I've machined out a Cerro Forged lower for the project and a Bear Creek Arsenal 18 inch heavy fluted barrel, chambered in .223 wylde.

b223_5.56mhb1817_pf_.jpg

I'll either have the upper machined or purchase a complete side charging system.

I've been working with Morgan at Blue Grass gun stocks to come up with a California legal wooden stock to work with the AR system. I'll be installing a gas block that does not allow the gasses to vent and there will be no gas tube for blow back operation, I'll also probably have the bolt carrier machined to remove the blow back tube. The advantage to this is since it is now a "bolt" gun I will not have to register it as an assault weapon. I can have a standard mag release etc.

I've also will be adding a 4 inch muzzle brake custom made by NM Customs LLC. (I'm considering of having them build me a break for a Mosin)
muzzle brake.jpg

I'll probably go with a Timney Trigger for it and I have a really nice Hawk Scope.

I'll post photos as it starts coming together. I'm supposed to get a prototype stock here soon, I'll be mounting it to my regular AR for tests. One we get the design finalized I'll post some photos.
Seeya
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 359 times
Kudos  Received: 340 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: New project rifle under way for me not a Mosin this time

Postby Deathsythe311 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:06 pm

Looks sweet mark! I want to check this out.
Random avatar
Deathsythe311
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 33 times
Medals: 1
Nice Build Award (1)

Return to Rifle Discussion