It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Rifle Discussion

SKS Owners?

Discuss all things non Mosin rifle related here

Re: SKS Owners?

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Do you have a close up of the mount from the side? Did you need to mod the stock to get clearance for the plate? Since I'm a southpaw shooter does the mount allow for a center over bore sighting? I've tried several side mounts before and they were always slightly offset to the left which made me have to come over the top of the stock to get a good sight picture. In fact I found some scope rings are actually off center if you turn them around. I found that the hard way. Took the rifle to the range and could not get the scope to zero. Then my buddy said hey why is your scope to one side. A quick measurement and yep 1/4 inch off.. argh.. Cheap rings bad range time.
Thanks Grindl
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Grindl » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:44 pm

That was the reason for the "spacer" plate , I mentioned , Mark . I adjusted the mount in the vise to get it to a near perfect 90 degrees from side to top rail , after it was ready for mounting to insure the proper angle over barrel , but also had to make a spacer to move the scope bracket away from the receiver , approximately the 1/4 inch you refer to . The scope is "Barrel" or Bore centered , as close as possible .

I'll check my photos , and if I don't have one on my computer , or photo-bucket , I'll take one and get it loaded in the next day or so .

And yes . I did have to notch out a small amount of the stock , maybe 1/8th or 3/16ths , to get everything to match-up and have a good fit of the action to the stock . The bottom line of the mount is parallel to the baseline of the receiver .

Goin to hunt for the photos you requested , or take some , and get them up .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 126 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Grindl » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:27 am

Spent over two hours trying to load the pictures you've asked for , Mark . Not getting anywhere but frustrated and pissed off . Will try later . I'll get it , though .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:46 am

Grindl wrote:Spent over two hours trying to load the pictures you've asked for , Mark . Not getting anywhere but frustrated and pissed off . Will try later . I'll get it , though .

If you want to send them to me I can post them up for you..
Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Grindl » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:50 pm

PM sent w/info , Mark . Don't know if this will work , but you're welcome to give it a shot . lol
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:00 am

Sorry was away trout fishing for a couple days. My oldest landed his first bass although it was only 4 inches long hehehe
I'll check it out tomorrow
Thanks
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Previous

Return to Rifle Discussion