It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:34 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Rifle Discussion

Best low cost flip up sights?

Discuss all things non Mosin rifle related here

Best low cost flip up sights?

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:59 pm

Anyone have a recommendation for some reasonable flip up sights? Looking for a decent set that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 359 times
Kudos  Received: 341 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Best low cost flip up sights?

Postby jaysny87 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:08 pm

There are a few counterfeit magpul sights out there. The magpul ones are a nicer polymer though. I really like the YHM sights. All metal but they aren't cheep. They don't cost as much as the troy sights though.
“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.”
- Noah Webster
jaysny87
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 41 times
Kudos  Received: 42 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Yeah I was looking at the Magpuls but I I have a front gas block with a rail and I think it would melt the poly ones. I'll check out the YHM's. I was also looking at the Diamond Head type as well but they are quite pricy. Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:39 pm

I picked up some Trinity Force flip ups that were very reasonable and had some nice features. I'm also looking at adding a Red Dot type sight or scope to the rifle, I'll just need to make sure I can get the sights and the scope to co witness. Any tips are greatly appreciated
Thanks
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Even11 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:07 pm

There is a good review and comparison of several reasonable priced red dots over on a site called thebangswitch.com if you want to check it out.

-Dane
Every snowflake is unique. There are uncountable grains of sand on the beach. Mosin-Nagants are like sandy snowflakes. You’ll never get all the ones you want.
Even11
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 72 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 3
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks for the info Even11! I'll check it out. My youngest boy is chomping at the bit to get the new AR to the range. He loves shooting my Mosins but they also like to throw lead so a larger caliber semi auto has some fun factor for them.

Thanks again
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Return to Rifle Discussion