It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:18 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Introductions

Hello from Irvine CA. Long time lurker...

New around here introduce yourself to the forum

Hello from Irvine CA. Long time lurker...

Postby Enigmatts » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:48 pm

Hello socamo.com community! I've been lurking on these forums for quite some time. Just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible before finalizing my plans for my build.
I received a 1929 Remington (supposedly... There is a circle R under the tang) Hex receiver for my last birthday from my brother. And so far I've only bought a one piece ejector/interruptor and a timney trigger. My plans for the rifle has bounced between 3 build ideas more times than I can count. I am currently set on acquiring a Boyd's pro varmint, standard military barrel (cut to 16.xx" and threaded for a brake) and a PU scope (may prove challenging for a hex receiver).
This will be my first firearm. I lack the necessary skills and and equipment to perform the smithing personally, so after I gather the necessary parts I will be seeking a reputable smith. This is why I've finally decided to come out from the shadows.

Thanks guys for taking the time to read my intro and thank in advanced for any tips/leads you guys may provide.
Random avatar
Enigmatts

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Re: Hello from Irvine CA. Long time lurker...

Postby Rotor » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:44 pm

Hello and welcome! I am also a long time lurker from the left coast.

Kevin
Random avatar
Rotor
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 2 times

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:12 pm

Welcome to the forum, Glad to have some fellow CA owners here. Pull up a chair and join in the conversations.
Again Welcome
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Enigmatts » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:37 am

Hey guys! Thanks for the warm welcome. I've just acquired a finnish m39 barrel. Now before I go out and buy my own action wrench/barrel vice set, would anyone be willing to rent a set to me. I'd like to get the barrel installed myself before having to resort to taking it to a smith. Also as an update. I think my Remington receiver is a former Finnish hex. It was purchased from Pat Burns, so there's that.
Random avatar
Enigmatts

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Return to Introductions