It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Showcase

My Mosin M44 custom..

Show off your Mosin Nagant collection or single rifle here....

My Mosin M44 custom..

Postby Russian Reloads » Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:17 pm

smallIMG_0332.JPG
OK here are a few images of my M44 custom Mosin as it was 2 weeks ago.....something big is being done to it now. It groups at 100 yards at about 1 to 2 inches depending on the ammo. I plan on making it much more accurate with a new mod I am in the middle of now. I had floated the barrel....it sucked and the barrel was whipping all over the place and it was ok on the first shot but once the barrel got a little warm it started to wonder....so I bedded it.....it got better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dont throw out your Berdan primed cartridges they can be reloaded.....go to www.russianreloads.com to see how.
Russian Reloads
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 33 times
Kudos  Received: 24 times
Medals: 2
StraightJacket Owners (1) Nice Build Award (1)

Re: My Mosin M44 custom..

Postby ShootnMathews » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:34 pm

I like the camo
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby 0933 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:57 am

Nice rifle!! :thumbup:

What suppressor are you using?? Is it thread-on, or did you get the muzzle threaded and use a QD mount??

The turrets on the scope look like an SWFA SS... but The rest of the scope body is covered by tape. What scope are you running?? I'd love a break down of the specifics, and parts used.

Also from the blown up picture, it looks like you are using an ATI mount. That could be some of your accuracy issues... there is a mod that people use for those that requires the use of a third screw and bedding the base. Or, you could get an RSI base (as those have the same screw spacing). With the back unsupported like it is, most people have consistency issues with the ATI base.

Stick around... I think you'll enjoy it here!! :thumbup:
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)

Postby Russian Reloads » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks for the nice words here is a break down on what I did with it. It is a polish M44 made in 1953 I got it in an unfired condition as I was only looking for a complete action in great condition so I got an awesome one to start with. I turned down the bolt handle on it and used an ATI stock. It has a SWFA 10x scope on it. With ATI scope mount that has been permanently bedded to the action with the screws and Metal set Epoxy. It wont be going anywhere anytime soon with that. This rifle has been a test bed for many handloads and inspired me to start a business around the Mosin and Reloading the Steel cartridges. Normally I have a m14 style flash suppressor hanging on the front of it. The suppressor on there is a blank housing but I am building a replica of the PS1 suppressor Im just waiting to get all my paperwork back from big brother. It is going through another overhaul and I will be doing a barrel shroud with this project and have been shooting images of the ongoing project that I will be posting up on here as well. I have gone the full gambit when it comes to the barrel and have free floated it (horrible results) to Bedding it and that was better......but now for the ultimate other than a heavy barrel.....the shroud. More pics to come.
Dont throw out your Berdan primed cartridges they can be reloaded.....go to www.russianreloads.com to see how.
Russian Reloads
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Russian Reloads » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:15 pm

OK here is how it looks now...... I did a barrel shroud on it over the past 2 weeks and even did a how to with lots of pictures... I went out and shot it today and it shot a 3 shot group of .52 using 1976 Russian ball ammo. the 200 yard groups were about 1.25 inches.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Russian Reloads
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Russian Reloads » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:16 pm

OK here is how it looks now...... I did a barrel shroud on it over the past 2 weeks and even did a how to with lots of pictures... I went out and shot it today and it shot a 3 shot group of .52 using 1976 Russian ball ammo. the 200 yard groups were about 1.25 inches.
Russian Reloads
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Russian Reloads » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:41 am

IMG_0349.JPG
OK new pics here..... I finally got around to it.
Russian Reloads
Sniper
Sniper

Postby 0933 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:04 pm

looking good!! :thumbup:
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)

Return to Mosin Showcase