It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:42 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant History

Mosin Nagant Historical Facts Female Snipers

History and facts about the Mosin Nagant Rifle

Mosin Nagant Historical Facts Female Snipers

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:01 pm

femaleSniper.jpg

Roza Yegorovna Shanina Senior Sgt in the 184 Rifle Division, She persisted on joining the army even though she was only 16. She took sniper classes and made her first sniper kill in 1944. 54 confirmed kills until she herself was KIA on January 28, 1945. If you look at the photo it appears she has an early model M91/30 sniper because of the brass bands on the hand guard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Mosin Nagant Historical Facts Female Snipers

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:05 pm

305px-LyudmilaPavlichenko1.jpg

Lieutenant Ludmilla Mykhailivna Pavlichenko was born in the Ukrainian town of Belaya Tserkov on July 12th, 1916. She moved to Kiev with her family at the age of fourteen. There she joined a shooting club and developed into a sharpshooter, while working as a grinder at the Kiev Arsenal factory. In June 1941, 24-year old Pavlichenko was in her fourth year of studying history at the Kiev University when Nazi Germany began its invasion of the Soviet Union. Pavlichenko was among the first round of volunteers at the recruiting office, where she requested to join the infantry and subsequently she was assigned to the Red Army’s 25th Rifle Division. Her total confirmed kills during World War II was an incredible 309 confirmed, 36 of which were enemy snipers!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Nina sniper.jpg

Nina Lobkovskaya killed had 89 confirmed kills, she made her first kill as a sniper in 1943. Not much else is known about her.
foto0380.jpg

Notice the rifle, it's a short version of the M91/30 sniper. I know someone who actually owns one of these. I've been begging him to let me photograph it.
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:24 pm

sovietfemalesoldiers.jpg

Maria Koshkina (Tkalich) 85 confirmed kills. She started her career as a medical instructor and later became a sniper. After she was wounded in the leg, she retired as a sniper and kept serving as a medical instructor and a scout. She never wore any of her medals and orders when she was home in a village in the Leningrad Region of Russia because “she had received them for killing people”. If you look at the photo she may have been a left handed shooter because of the way she is holding her Mosin Nagant.
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Even11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 pm

Might be better here without the meme, but its the only pic I have of these two. Cool picture either way in my opinion. Can anyone id either of them?

-Dane
Every snowflake is unique. There are uncountable grains of sand on the beach. Mosin-Nagants are like sandy snowflakes. You’ll never get all the ones you want.
Even11
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 74 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 3
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:55 am

I dated a girl for a while that looked just like Rosa. She was a sweetheart.

It is a terrible shame that so many youth had to give their lives because of a few bad men. I love WWII history but the pictures that show the soldiers make me sad because I know most of them died in some horrible ways. Planes being shot down, ships exploding or sinking. Or being cut down by an mg32. Such a waste of life.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant History