It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts

Target/Tactical Mosin-Nagant stocks now available.

Stocks, Scopes, Triggers and more..

Re: Target/Tactical Mosin-Nagant stocks now available.

Postby biggorillagunworks » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:20 pm

0933 wrote: What laminates/hardwoods are available?

T:

I have walnut blanks available to me for just a few bucks more than the Strataply. Given that I can put whatever chunk of wood (or any material that can be shaped by a router) I want between the centers, I can source, or a customer can provide me with a blank of whatever wood they choose. Given the lower cost of the Mosin to begin with, I don't see much demand for exotic woods. But hey- when you're putting in all the time and effort for a "one-of-a-kind" build, that would really make it one of a kind...

Anyway, here's one shipped out today, for a customer looking for a home for a M28/76 action he acquired. Keep in mind, stock is unfinished...

biggorillagunworks
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 2 times

Postby djblingbling1 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:40 am

Im really liking your stock!

I saw on your website that you are working on one with timney inletting, any ETA?

Also can you inlet for a bent bolt or is that a DIY job after buying the stock?
Random avatar
djblingbling1
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby biggorillagunworks » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Sorry- didn't see your question here until now...

Actually, I just did a Timney inlet (along with the notched pillar) for a customer that requested it.

Did the standard inletting first, counterbored the rear action screw hole for the pillar, epoxied it in place...

Once set up, routed out the wood to the pillar to clear the trigger.It would be possible to leave a tiny sliver of wood between the top of the trigger guard and the bottom of the trigger (about 1/8"), so I got it close. I don't see the need though, as it doesn't really serve any purpose. Too thin to add any strength to the stock.

The only thing I couldn't do for him was the inletting for the safety. That's specific to fitting the action, as each one is going to vary slightly. Doing that cleanly, just like inletting for a bent bolt handle, is the most "difficult" part of the job as it requires clean work. The inletting for the trigger is just basically hogging out most of the wood between the mag and the rear action screw, easily done with a router.

So, no... can't inlet for a bent bolt, yet... as I'd need the receiver and actually do the final fitting with the actual bolt handle to be used. Depending on how things go, might work towards getting an 01 FFL that would allow me to do receiver bedding and other work. But, that's down the road a bit.
biggorillagunworks
Range Master
Range Master

Postby lachdranan » Wed May 22, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm seriously thinking about ordering one of your stocks next week so I have a few questions. What's your recoil lug setup, what is the cost for inletting for the timney and pillars? Really hoping to have a functional rifle wearing your stock soon.
And when he gets to heaven to saint peter he will tell another soldier reporting sir I've served my time in hell.
Random avatar
lachdranan
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby biggorillagunworks » Sun May 26, 2013 1:59 pm

PM sent, answering your questions.
biggorillagunworks
Range Master
Range Master

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts