It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:58 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts

Scopes What is you favorite and why?

Stocks, Scopes, Triggers and more..

Re: Scopes What is you favorite and why?

Postby Slick4k » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Well yeah, but mine come thru adoption and foster care. I've given up some things, but you wouldn't believe what I've gained. :D
Don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense being late.
Random avatar
Slick4k
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Well my favorite scopes right now are Hawke Optics, they are really clear and they are all caliber rated. They are Europe's number one selling scope. The prices are great as well.

I have a Burris on one of my rifles and while it's a great scope the price was a bit out of my range. This scope was given to me because it was old and hard to adjust. BUT Burris has a lifetime guarantee so I sent it back and they rebuilt it. Needless to say my buddy was upset with himself.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Slick4k » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:35 am

Just to stay on topic, I picked up a little scope a while back that is pretty good for an inexpensive scope.1x-4, compact, rubber covered for general bumps, "tactical looking" ;)
We've adopted 11, one more adoption in 3 weeks, then we will adopt the 4 foster kids we have now, then we're done. We have adopted all ages from infant to 16. The girl that is to be adopted next is 17. She especially likes the mosins. She was originally adopted from Russia at 2 yrs. So she thinks of them as part of her heritage. Guess I'm gonna have to get her one soon. 8-)
http://www.smallblessingsministry.com is our website. Anyone who takes on someone elses kids is a good man too!
Don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense being late.
Random avatar
Slick4k
Range Master
Range Master

Postby NoFod In FodCan » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:43 pm

Howdy, howdy,

I run a NIKON Prostaff 3x9x40, and a Trijicon accupoint. Love em both. The NIKON glass is almost as good as the Trijicon. Not to mention 1/5 the price. The Mosin will be sporting the NIKON.

Frank
"We have a perfect record in aviation; We've never left one up there"-Anonymous

"Whats the fastest way to change some ones mind?"
"Dunno, what?"
"165gr HPBT"- Anonymous
NoFod In FodCan
Marksman
Marksman

Postby ELMOUSMC » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:04 pm

I have a simmons 2X EER pistol scope mounted in the scout configuration on my polish M44 at longer ranges I shoot both eyes open-the 2X magnification is just right for superimpossing the cross hairs on the target and after some trial and error I can pretty much hit anything within reason out to 300yds-The scope has held zero thru at least 1300 rounds
ELMO
MMgunnery USMC 1965-1992
Sleep well tonight citzen for rough men stand ready to do violence on your behalf-George Orwell
Random avatar
ELMOUSMC
Gunner
Gunner

Re: Good value with Bushnell.

Postby TheRighttoBearArms » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:32 pm

dogzebra wrote:I've tried Simmons, Weaver, BSA and Tasco, but had the best of luck w/ a Bushnell Trophy 2-6x32 LER Handgun Scope w/ Multi-X Reticle on my 91/30.

Dog Zebra, what kind of range are you getting with that Bushnell?

Thanks
Dear Brutus, our Fates lie not within the stars but within ourselves... Senator Cassius
TheRighttoBearArms
Sniper
Sniper

Postby ShootnMathews » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:19 pm

I'd have to put my money on a SWFA SS $300 or bushnell elite tactical 10x40 $200

Both extremely accurate and repeatable in clicks. Swfa slightly clearer but the bushy is still very clear. I have no problem shooting accurately at 750 yards and beyond with either of these scopes.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts