It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:30 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts

S and K scope base/mount

Stocks, Scopes, Triggers and more..

Re: S and K scope base/mount

Postby opos » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:44 pm

After looking over the thread I need to emphasize one thing that may have been overlooked...My Mosin is one of the ones that was not re-arsenaled and was sent to Spain from what I can find...being that it was that situation there was no modification of the old original sight where the base was drilled and there were the 2 positioning pins put in place....my base is solid soldered on and unless lots of heat is applied it's not going to move....It was suggested that I might try and drill through the base across under the dove tail in the barrel so I could use the Brass Stacker mount (which requires those 2 pin holes). I don't have equipment or skill to do that so the SKS looked like the only reasonable alternative...I've heard some bad things about trying to just use the dovetail under the old sight base for rings as that dove tail is on an angle and I've heard some times it works and sometimes it does not...The SKS mount uses the sight base..right in place without disturbing it and with their little "adapter" it solvs the problem of the sight bases that fit in the original base plate from shooting loose....I am fully satisfied...it was super quick and easy and I like things that are well thought out. I'll probably not ever want to take the gun "back to original" but it's a 5 minute job should I want to. I might have tried another mount alternative if I didn't have the style sight base I was dealing with.

opos
Random avatar
opos
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 2 times

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts