It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:40 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts

Archangel stock / magazines after 300 rounds

Stocks, Scopes, Triggers and more..

Archangel stock / magazines after 300 rounds

Postby Johann_Schmidt » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi, just wanted to share my experience after firing about 300 rounds using the Archangel setup.

It was not a drop-in replacement. It took maybe 3-4 hours to fit a Mosin with a thick barrel so that it rests on the metallic inserts without warping anything. I use a J-Meck scope mount, which added greatly to the amount of dremeling required (it has a metal band that goes around the chamber area).

The good:
- The magazines work fine with full-length ammo.
- No problems whatsoever with the stock adjustments
- Truly excellent ergonomics.

The bad:
- Feeding problems with 8gram bullets
- The magazine catch pin walks off the stock very fast. I had to glue it in place.
- The desert tan stock gets dirty fast. Maybe that adds to its character.
- Heavier than a sporterized wood stock

I don't have sling attachments yet, so I have no idea whether the quick attachment points work on my example.

I'm in the middle of developing new load for a cheap S&B bullet. At the moment I can hit clay pigeons at distances up to 200m no problems, but no great groups yet. 1.5-2.5 MOA perhaps, at the moment.

Pic of the gun. I have since removed the rear sight base, it was too close to the scope for my liking. The scope is an el Cheapo konuspro 10x50 mildot, totally useless in bad lighting.

125 meters, 3 rounds, 220gr Woodleigh softpoint.

125 meters, 5 rounds, 196gr S&B FMJ BT.
Johann_Schmidt
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 17 times
Medals: 2
Nice Build Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Aftermarket Parts