It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:17 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Trading Post

For Sale: 109 rounds Russian yellow tip heavy ball

Items for sale of trade, remember to obey all FFL and or C&R regulations

For Sale: 109 rounds Russian yellow tip heavy ball

Postby atl5029 » Wed May 27, 2015 7:41 pm

Milsurp ammo doesn't shoot well in my mosin so I'm selling off the last of my stock of heavy ball ammo. I have 109 rounds plus 10 rounds of light ball for a total of 119 rounds. I'd like to get about $50 for it all. I live in Ohio and would like to do a local deal, but if you really want it we can work out shipping. PM me for details
Random avatar
atl5029

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Re: For Sale: 109 rounds Russian yellow tip heavy ball

Postby Grindl » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:51 am

Morning . I realize this is a old post , but thought I'd see if you still had that ammo hangin around . I have a 91/30 , 26" that shoots mil-surp pretty tight . If you still have the ammo , PM me and we can work something out . I'll be coming to Middletown for my son's wedding in March . From the east side of Cleveland originally and know the state pretty good so I could meet you someplace . Grindl
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 125 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:52 pm

I don't know what the heavy ball goes for but I still see the light ball from time to time at 440 rounds for $100 - 125
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Grindl » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Apologize for not replying sooner . Been focused on load development to get out to that magic "Thousand" mark.

We still have some silver tip in this area , but it seems most of the Light Ball has gone away . I was interested in that Yellow Tip Hungarian heavy ball because it is 182gr and has a good rep for accuracy at longer distances , with pretty good "hit" power . It's a lead bullet with a jacket , and should be a good round for Elk . Bought 200 rounds from a yard sale a couple months ago for $75.00 . Guy said nobody wanted it , and he was happy to sell it at any price . So I took it off his hands to help him out . :thumbup: , :lol: :lol: . And if you guys have been following the mil-surp market lately ; it's gotten "Stoo-pid" ! Per round prices are up to anywhere from .31 cents per round , to 40 cents per round on stuff that was 21 cents a round just a few months ago . Just one more year of the Dictator-in-Chief , thank God .

I've got a decent stock-pile of mil-surp for now ; but I'm always on the look-out for the yellow tip Hungarian , or the Bulgarian light ball with the 10 - 55 head-stamp . It's really accurate out of mine .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 125 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Return to Trading Post