It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:15 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Trading Post

Finnish Nagant 99% project / UK-59 barrel

Items for sale of trade, remember to obey all FFL and or C&R regulations

Finnish Nagant 99% project / UK-59 barrel

Postby Tcastwo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:00 pm

Offered for sale is a 99% complete project Finnish Nagant. The receiver has an 1897 stamp and the barrel is a custom threaded and turned down UK-59 24" bull barrel. The bore is bright and the crown is perfect. I doubt a round has been fired through this barrel. It is currently hand tightened but I have a headspace gauge which I will include that shows ready to fire. The bolt has had the handle professionally turned down and the stock is a brand new custom Leopard in oiled walnut with adjustable cheek rest and spring butt pad. The stock will accept a Timney trigger with no modifications. The safety ring was also professionally done. It has a very crisp Finnish trigger. It is drilled and tapped for a weaver Rock Solid scope mount (also included...the rear top hole is properly filled but can be redone as it was a little off-center), but I also have a Kalinka AK/SVD mount included, ready to be installed. The SVD mount will rest nicely on the shoulder of the stock. It has a DIY blued finish but all parts have been blasted and there is zero corrosion and the most minor of pitting. All of this is approaching $1000 in value, but I am moving and load shedding gear so I'll offer it for the stated price and will ship to an FFL. This is a very heavy setup that would be excellent on a bench for target or competition. For a field piece I would recommend a heavy flute on the barrel to lighten it up. Action is very smooth you will not be disappointed. Also including firing pin gauge. Asking $500 but will take offers. Thanks for looking!

If you're wondering I acquired it with a short barrel modification so it wasn't original anyway...so no original Finnish rifles were harmed in the process of this build. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Random avatar
Tcastwo

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 1 time

Re: Finnish Nagant 99% project / UK-59 barrel

Postby Even11 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:14 pm

Interested, pm inbound!

-Dane
Every snowflake is unique. There are uncountable grains of sand on the beach. Mosin-Nagants are like sandy snowflakes. You’ll never get all the ones you want.
Even11
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 74 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 3
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Re: Finnish Nagant 99% project / UK-59 barrel

Postby Tcastwo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:12 pm

This is sold thank you!
Random avatar
Tcastwo

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 1 time

Return to Trading Post