It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:38 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Tech

Cabela's Shooting Mat

Got a performance enhancement, cool tools and tricks post it here..

Cabela's Shooting Mat

Postby Grindl » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:52 am

A while back ; Farmerboy posted about a very high quality shooting mat , and Marauder1 asked if anyone had any info on the Cabella's mat . I had received one for Christmas , and posted that I would give a "Field Report" on it after testing .

After half a dozen trips using the mat in varying ground conditions , I can say that I would recommend this mat to fellow shooters . Price point is one factor , as it is about $80.00 .
Construction is excellent , and the stitching very tight and consistent throughout . There is panels for Bipod feet , of heavy nylon webbing , that are very solidly stitched , and have shown to be more than adequate for the job . The mat has two pockets in the flip-out ears that could be a bit bigger , but they are useable .
Length is excellent ; unless you are a NBA player , and width is more than suitable . Memory says it's 37" wide and I think 86" long , but those numbers could be a little bit off .

The only negative I had about the mat was that they could have put just a bit more padding in it . Padding is good as it is , but it could be just a bit thicker . The base cover ( ground side ) is excellent for damp or wet ground , within reason . I threw it out in a meadow of deep grass near Show Low , Az. after a light rain and it kept me completely dry for over a hour of shooting .

Overall ; I'd give the Cabella's Shooting Mat a 8-1/2 or 9 out of 10 , and I would buy one to replace this one when it does wear out . :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 126 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Re: Cabela's Shooting Mat

Postby Grindl » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:49 am

Just a quick update on the Cabella's shooting mat . After using it a couple dozen times in the last year and a half ; in all sorts of ground & weather conditions , I have to upgrade my rating to a 9- 1/2 out of 10 . If the padding was a bit thicker , I'd give it a ten . Wears extremely well , and easy clean-up on the bottom with a damp cloth .

I use the mat mostly for 1,000 yard shooting at Ben Avery - Berger Range where the "line" is Arizona sand and gravel berms and this mat has held up extremely well to this very abrasive environment . I'll buy another one , eventually .... :thumbup:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 126 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Return to Mosin Tech