It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:58 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Tech

Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock

Got a performance enhancement, cool tools and tricks post it here..

Re: Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock

Postby Alan LA » Thu May 16, 2013 6:13 pm

I'm intrigued by the mag more than anything. I have a JMeck scope mount ready to install and have been wondering about how to feed the beast with a scope.

Any ideas besides the Archangel?
Random avatar
Alan LA
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 13 times

Postby Bama49 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:28 pm

I just got my Archangel stock and can't say enough about the capabilities of it. The magazines had to be altered a little bit but it was worth it. I will post the measurements a bit later. After installing my action into the stock I found that the mags wouldn't positively lock into place. After close evaluation and a whole heckuva lot of measuring I started filing on the mag catch on the rear of the mag. After what seemed like a hundred "stop and checks" it finally gave a loud audible "click" when it seated. Glory, glory. If you have this problem get some calipers and measure from the top of the mag down to the mag catch bottom. ON MINE, and I can't say this enough, it measures 28.75 mm. Double and triple check so you don't mess up a magazine. Good luck and I know you will like this new stock, I do. Pictures to come soon.
Bama49
Gunner
Gunner

Kudos  Received: 1 time

Postby Bama49 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Here are the pictures of the magazines I had to alter. They would not lock positively until I took a little stock off of the locking tab. Now they make a very pleasing click when they lock in. Hope this helps someone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bama49
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Alan LA » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:50 am

How many mags did you have to modify? Could the problem have been in the latch instead of the mags?
Random avatar
Alan LA
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos  Received: 13 times

Postby Bama49 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Alan LA wrote:How many mags did you have to modify? Could the problem have been in the latch instead of the mags?

Alan, I modified all the mag's I got when I ordered them. I thought about changing the latch specs but I noticed that the magazines weren't the same. If I had altered the latch it would have worked with one mag only. By modifying the mag's themselves I made sure that it would be consistently locking. I don't know if anyone has had the same problem as me. I looked at the Youtube video from the company and the only thing they talked about was the bow in the magazines that you had to re-bake with the follower inside it. I sent these same pictures to Archangel as well just in case it had not been brought up. I would just make sure to measure twice and file once, you know? You can always take off more but you can't add it back. Good luck and if there is anything else I can help with send me a message. Roll Tide.
Bama49
Gunner
Gunner

Postby Grindl » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am

I chose the Archangel stock for my build based on several factors. The primary factor for me was "field" durability and strength of the stock itself. The other reason was I figured it would be easy to make "fitting" adjustments for the receiver / stock mating , and that was also correct.( I have the wood-working skills of a demented Hamster :roll: ) It took very little "fitting" to get the receiver/barrel assmbly to drop smoothly into the stock with a very positive "Thunk", as it hit bottom.
There was some sanding and fitting of the large rectangular support block rails to eliminate the "rocking", front to back , but very little other sanding or de-burring of the mold flash inside the mag-well / receiver area . And the design has built-in "free-float" for the barrel & a support block barrel "tensioner" if that works for you.
And last ; but not least, Next to the SVD Dragonov , I think it is aesthetically one of the most beautiful "profiles" with the M-N mechanism ever created . It just "looks" like a "shooter"! Range Report to follow , as she has had her first "play-date" at Ben Avery last week-end. Pictures , too. Cause the wife is teaching me how to..... :clap: :clap: :clap:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 126 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Previous

Return to Mosin Tech