It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Tech

Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock

Got a performance enhancement, cool tools and tricks post it here..

Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock

Postby iridium-192 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 am

Hey Shep we need to patent all our inventions! :)
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes

Black Mamba http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4931
Ultimate Mosin 2 http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4948
Earlier projects http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4949
iridium-192

Kudos Given: 326 times
Kudos  Received: 249 times
Medals: 6
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (2) NRA Member (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Re: Archangel Mosin Nagant Stock

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Mr D invented a safety pull ring -- then Brasstacker put one out that looks identical.  

Actually Shep Brass Stacker had there's out months before Mr.D, I had a Beta about 3 months in advance of his but was under a No Disclosure Agreement, and they weren't sure if there was a market for it, so as a result I could not say anything about it. I'm under one right now that will be a HUGE deal in the Mosin Community soon. I'm waiting for the beta unit for testing.

That being said I do know for a fact some of these guys come here and glean information on how to do stuff. I also know for a fact we have some active duty guys that can't post but read. So to those guys thanks for your service.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Well this site wouldn't exist with out your builds and ideas. I've seen some of the Archangel stuff at Big 5 for the Ruger it looks cheesy and maybe for a .22 it's ok But I don't know about a Mosin.. I still don't like the fact that you cannot use a proper scope mount on it.

Oh and the reason that rifle is so easy to cock is it's missing the entire back half of the bolt. So no spring. That thing might get to be a handful with a sticky bolt.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby USSR » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:08 pm

Firearms at the SHOT show cannot be capable of firing under ANY circumstances. This is why the bolt has no cocking piece.
делать это в одном кадре
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 Ex Sniper - "M9130A2" heavy barrel custom
1955. Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto project
1954.5 Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto 95% complete (Sold)
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 - Resto complete (Sold)
USSR
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 2 times
Kudos  Received: 22 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (1) Dart Board Challenge (1) Video Award (1)

Postby USSR » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 pm

As an addition it is neat that they use our forum as a "test bed". It would be neat to be in with those sorts of contacts. I would love to see the sorts of ideas companies come up with for these rifles. I like the IDEA behind this stock, it makes a removable magazine for "Joe Anybody". It would be nice to see a company start marketing an honest to God aftermarket barrel for the Mosin system that wouldnt break the bank. I love the stuff TTI is doing but I just cannot afford that. Im eager to see what the aftermarket can come up with next.
делать это в одном кадре
USSR
Range Master
Range Master

Postby 0933 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:16 pm

Very interesting... I have to say that the stock is butt ugly, I don't particularly like Archangel stuff, but it seems like it would be somewhat functional. Right now if you want a synthetic stock for a Mosin Nagant you're pretty much stuck with ATI's... and I'm pretty sure most of us have one of those sitting in a corner after we took it off our first build. Even McMillan and Manners don't inlet there stocks for the MN.

I will probably pick one up when they become available... could be anywhere from a month or two, to six months. I think there whole design with the mag is interesting, and how they came up with a system that will work in conjuction with the interuptor/ejector. I don't think it would readily be convertable to another caliber with a different case design than the 7.62x54R... but maybe one that is based off that case, like the 6.5x54R. I like the fact that it's already inletted for the Timney trigger, and pillar bedded. It looks like a bent bolt with the standard placement won't work... as pointed out earlier. But it looks like a bolt relocation (like the ones shep and Dzmitry have done) would work.

Also this forum has been referenced on numerous other forums... yes there are guys out there that play around with the Mosin Nagant, but this forum by far has the the highest concentration of modders, and the most intricate builds that cover the spectrum. Even though we are comparatively small, there are alot of visitors that just browse to see what can be done with this platform.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Oooooooh what you said.. Bad boy..
Hahahah
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Grimstod » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:24 am

The charge at the end cracked me up , :lol:

Now that I see one of these stocks getting shot I have to say I am starting to think of them as an adoption.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle
Grimstod

Kudos Given: 290 times
Kudos  Received: 258 times
Medals: 7
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby USSR » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:11 am

MrD wrote:yall Questions on this stock are answered and there using sniper bolts and ,Timney, and RSI products :shock:

TC, thats a PU mount with sniper bolt and they don't have a Timney setup but they PLAN to have that setup with RSI mount, RSI bolt and Timney in the future. Now, I wasn't all that impressed by the stock to be honest. Sure the magazine idea is cool but if I got off my butt and started ordering and working I could get my mag idea going. Call me a skeptic but I don't buy it, they are trying to make you think it suddenly made the Mosin super accurate (Not that it wasnt accurate before).
делать это в одном кадре
USSR
Range Master
Range Master

Postby 0933 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:12 pm

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_winwsn1UtE[/BBvideo]

As said above, "they PLAN on testing with the RSI base and bolt handle." However, they have not done so yet.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Mosin Tech