It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

SOCAMO General Discussion

shooting the Finn M28 for the first time

General Discussion area.

shooting the Finn M28 for the first time

Postby rjmt » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:55 pm

not all the parts are in for this project rifle, but just couldn't wait
5 rounds of Russian surplus silver tip
first round - this modified Finn trigger came all the way back to the end of the trigger guard, pinched my finger - needs a new trigger, but I have one in my parts collection
also, the action worked fine after firing this modern steel core surplus ammo, in a "D" marked '27 Sig barrel
no scrapes on the case or tear marks from the extractor
second round - hear a "ping" as the front barrel band comes off - don't have the barrel band screws yet.
3rd round - in my sight picture, I watch the upper handguard come off and fall on the ground - both barrel bands came off in recoil
4th and 5th rounds go well - then scrub down the hot barrel with Ballistol - as you know, this Russian surplus is corrosive!

LOLLL - at least it didn't blow the old Sig barrel with the first rounds of Russian surplus ammo!!!

Old Man on the Mountain
Random avatar
rjmt
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 38 times
Medals: 2
Nice Build Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Re: shooting the Finn M28 for the first time

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 pm

Hahaha that would have been a great video for sure. I have an M27 the trigger is totally different than a standard Mosin Nagant. The trigger is pinned to the seer so it has a much different feel than a standard M91/30.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Return to SOCAMO General Discussion