It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:21 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

SOCAMO General Discussion

It took a girl to get it done.

General Discussion area.

It took a girl to get it done.

Postby XIDshooter » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:01 am

I have been going shooting with my dad for about 2 years now, ever since I talked him into going to a group of friends to their camp in Vermont for a tri-annual event we call Shootfest*.
While everyone who went would shoot whatever they got their hands on Pops was content to shoot my Marlin 60.He eventually bought himself a Savage 64,joined the NRA and also became a member of the same gun club as me so he could shoot when he wanted.
Every time we go to Shootfest he would decline offers to shoot what ever was available but he did shoot my SKS and a friends 410.
In the course of events my sister went with Pops to the range one day and found herself hooked as well.She even went out and got her own Savage 64.
When it came time for the fall Shootfest it was decided that Anne should come and experience shooting the smorgasboard(sp) of weapons is associated with the event.
She had already seen my collection and was wanting to try my Hipoint 995 but was also draw to the laminate stocks of my Mosin M44s.
First she tried the 995 and really liked it but went straight for M44 and said that's what she wanted to try next.
The stripper clip(she kept giggling every time I said "stripper clip") was shoved home and she proceeded to show everyone how it was done.
After a half hour or so Pops comes over and says in a subdued voice,"i wanna try it".
"Try what?"
"That" he says pointing to the Mosin.
I couldn't believe it,after 2 years of everyones ribbing coaxing and proding failing to get him to try even an AR-15 Pops tries the Mosin so he won't be upstaged by his daughter!
It took a girl to get it done! :lol:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alE0HFkVSuw[/youtube]
* Shoot fest is a get together that is held in early spring,fall and mid winter.It was started (as far as I know) by my friend Barrys brother who owns the camp and has regular attendees and usually some invited guests(thats how I got involved).
Random avatar
XIDshooter

Return to SOCAMO General Discussion