It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

SOCAMO General Discussion

***Official Zombie Bunny Shoot Thread*** 2013

General Discussion area.

***Official Zombie Bunny Shoot Thread*** 2013

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 am

OK since we've had some interest I'm going to start a thread on the Official 2013 Wabbit Season. We can use the same target if you guys want or I can try and make a new one with the same scoring etc.

Let's hear what you'd like to do.

Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: ***Official Zombie Bunny Shoot Thread*** 2013

Postby ShootnMathews » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:40 am

I'm fine with shooting the old one since it is new to me :D Ill leave making a new one up to you. Ill just shoot both if you do. :lol:
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby USSR » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:22 am

I wont be able to shoot for the next 2 weeks probably because all the local ranges are closed due to to much water... Snow is melting too fast.

First its too much snow, then its temp, then its snow melting too fast :thumbdown: BOOOOO IOWA!
делать это в одном кадре
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 Ex Sniper - "M9130A2" heavy barrel custom
1955. Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto project
1954.5 Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto 95% complete (Sold)
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 - Resto complete (Sold)
USSR
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 2 times
Kudos  Received: 22 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (1) Dart Board Challenge (1) Video Award (1)

Postby Shepard » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:15 am

Bring it on -- lets rock the little bunny.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby hesh.monster » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:48 am

USSR wrote:I wont be able to shoot for the next 2 weeks probably because all the local ranges are closed due to to much water... Snow is melting too fast.

First its too much snow, then its temp, then its snow melting too fast :thumbdown: BOOOOO IOWA!

Don't forget, more snow Monday. Oh yeah and highs in the 50's lows in the teens BOO IOWA for sure.

How do these shoots run exactly anyway? Just post up shots of the targets like a range report?
A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined,but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,which would include their own government.
George Washington
hesh.monster
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 3 times

Postby USSR » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 am

hesh.monster wrote:How do these shoots run exactly anyway? Just post up shots of the targets like a range report?

Yep, that would be it.
делать это в одном кадре
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 Ex Sniper - "M9130A2" heavy barrel custom
1955. Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto project
1954.5 Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto 95% complete (Sold)
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 - Resto complete (Sold)
USSR
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 2 times
Kudos  Received: 22 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (1) Dart Board Challenge (1) Video Award (1)

Postby 0933 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:25 pm

It's up to you Mark! :thumbup: I really like the idea of having a no shoot incorporated into the target. I'll shoot just about anything... :thumbup:

I've got another idea also... Sniper's Hide rimfire section has several monthly 'matches'. Here is one that I shot.

If there is interest, I think I'll put together something similiar. Maybe quarterly?? and I'd keep the round count to something reasonable... probably 3-4 stages, with downloadable targets. 100 yds with a scoped Mosin... 50-25 yds with an open sighted Mosin. Most people have access to a 100 yd range...

What do you guys think??
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I think that sounds pretty awesome. By the way. Amazing shooting with a rim fire there. Was that at 100 yards? :thumbup: if they'd get some dadgone reloading supplies in stores I'd love to shoot a bunch of these.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)

Postby Shepard » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:47 pm

0933 wrote:It's up to you Mark! :thumbup: I really like the idea of having a no shoot incorporated into the target. I'll shoot just about anything... :thumbup:

I've got another idea also... Sniper's Hide rimfire section has several monthly 'matches'. Here is one that I shot.

If there is interest, I think I'll put together something similiar. Maybe quarterly?? and I'd keep the round count to something reasonable... probably 3-4 stages, with downloadable targets. 100 yds with a scoped Mosin... 50-25 yds with an open sighted Mosin. Most people have access to a 100 yd range...

What do you guys think??

I like shooting for points, if it's ok with Mark I'll take a few of your targets. How big are they? I was thinking 6 shoots a year 60 days each cause not everybody will participate in each one. But if there's something different going on all the time basically more people will participate over all.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby 0933 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:37 pm

Gentlemen,

Here is the link to the Sniper's Hide short range rimfire targets.

http://forum.snipershide.com/showthread ... ost2342454

These are printable on standard 8 1/2" X 11" paper... These are a little small... they are for scoped .22's @ 50 yds. They also have 100, and 200 yd comps... which is great long range practice without the cost.

I was thinking making up my own targets geared toward the Mosin Nagant. I like the the cold bore shot... probably two scoring rings, one 1/2-3/4 MOA and one larger, 1 1/2 MOA. I like the know your limits circles... I think maybe 4-5 circles with the smallest being 1/4 MOA. I like the group stage, It's good mental prep... but it would need to be a fairly small target, and 5 + rounds. I don't know if it would be feasible. Definitely have a hostage target, probably 3... one shot each. I'm also thinking of having a sheet with various shapes w/ numbers in them (approx) 1 1/4 MOA and each match would set five random ones to shoot (hit gets points, miss gets zero, and wrong one gets minus points). So probably fifteen (15) rnds?? The 'match' would be cummulative of all stages.

I'm thinking quarterly, or like Shepard said every two months. Every month seems too quick, especially since we all have lives... and those can get hectic.

Probably three classes... Mosin Open (anything goes), Scoped Mosin (Scopes allowed, but has to be stock barrel)... Both of these @ 100 yds... Then an Issue Mosin (Iron sigts, and maybe PE, PEM, and PU snipers) @ 50 yds. Prone, or bench allowed... along with front rests, bipods, and rear bags. I like the idea of having different positions incorporated, but that would probably severely limit the participation.

Another one that could be fun is a variation of what bugs me... Maybe different objects, or bugs, but one shot apeice... maybe two sheets of 8 1/2" X 11" with five 'bugs' apiece, for a total of 10 rnds.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)

Next

Return to SOCAMO General Discussion