It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

SOCAMO General Discussion

***OFFICIAL ZOMBIE SHOOT TARGET THREAD***

General Discussion area.

Re: ***OFFICIAL ZOMBIE SHOOT TARGET THREAD***

Postby Chenko » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:45 pm

I hope its not too late for me to partipate. My significant other surprised me this morning with a half day of shooting. I had the best time. It was the first time that i have shot mine although he has shot it. He had messed with my front sight made by Josh, so it was all screwy. Everything was shot with iron sights as i dont have my scope mount yet. So i did 20 rounds at 50yd to get a feel for it was getting on papper. Then 20 rounds at a 100 yards, got 5 in the inner circle and one bullseye. I had printed up 2 of those zombie targets you guys were talking about on 8.5 x 11 with a slight modification. I had both targets place side by side at 50yards. They were really hard to see if I was hitting through the spotting scope. So I shot 4 rounds on the left one. 1 round in between the 2 targets and 5 rounds on the right target. I was surprised to walk up and see all 10 rounds on paper.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Chenko » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Oh and the zombies were surplus yugo purchased from milwall for 8 dollars per pack
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Postby DevilDog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Fine shooting, those targets are tough to hit at that size. Most home printers do not print on 11"x17", so your at bit of a handicap shooting at that size.

Mark has not weighed in on the scoring, but if we go with the scoring I laid out, your tally is:
10's-1 =10
8's-3 =24
7's-1 =7
ZD-5 =25
Total:66

Good job!
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby DevilDog » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Well I loaded up 'Old Iron Sights' the M91 and headed out for some zombie destruction. Since I will be traveling next week, this will be the only one I put up. I must say, the old dog shoots pretty good, that Lyman front bead is nice.

Well, the bad news is they all took a bullet, the good news is little Susie will live. I was doing great until I tried to cut her little pony tail and wound up taking out her collar bone instead, along with Teddy's ear (the wrong one). I still hit the ponytail, so from a tactical standpoint the mission was a success. Unfortunately little Susie's softball career is over.
Teddy lost a thumb and an ear, but he'll be OK!

I would say from the 2 neck shots and the grape popper that Zombie #1's head is rolling around on the ground. Maybe little Susie can use it for soccer practice now that softball is out.

So here is the big picture:

10's-2 = 20
8's-2 = 16
7's-1 = 7
ZD-3 = 15
Scratch-1 = 25
MEDIC-1 = -5

Total: 78

I had fun , I hope everyone can get out and kill the dreaded Zombie Scurge!
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:12 pm

OK for those who would like to print there own here is a link to the modded targets. The others haven't gotten here yet
http://www.socamo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Zombie-Target-Finalbwnumberedcomp.jpg

Just right click and save to your hard drive or flash drive and take then to Kinkos and have them printed on 18x14 paper
Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby joiner » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:19 pm

Thanks for the info on the targets. Just for fun I found some Charlie the Chomper targets at a local gun shop and took them to the range on Saturday. Shot 15 rounds at 50 yards with the M44 using silver tip ammo. Ended up with 7head shots,5 body shots 1 in the hand and 2 misses, and the vestile virgin lived to screem another day. Great day at the range.
Random avatar
joiner
Range Master
Range Master

Postby DevilDog » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:43 pm

Nice, I think you sawed him in half! Now go put ten in the official target.

Marauder 1 wrote:http://www.socamo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Zombie-Target-Finalbwnumberedcomp.jpg

Just right click and save to your hard drive or flash drive and take then to Kinkos and have them printed on 18x14 paper
Thanks
Mark

I think what Mark means is print it on 11x17 paper, as that is the largest standard size(except for 12x18 full bleed paper) you can print without a wide-format printer. (25 years in the printing industry btw)
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:33 pm

I stand corrected..
Yeah what he said..

Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby joiner » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks to your insight about the flash drive, this old country boy is now the proud owner of 5 "OFFICAL ZOMBIE SHOOT TARGETS". Will have to use orange dots to mark the points of aim, at 50 yds everything will run together. Will submit my target later this week. THANKS AGAIN.
Random avatar
joiner
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Looks like the Zombie Shoot is taking off.. Maybe we'll need to push the due date for the targets back a little. I'm working on getting some small goodies for those who shoot as a way of saying thanks. If this goes well I'm going to try and hold a shoot every few months. No there will not be a Zombie Reindeer Shoot! Hmmm well... maybe.
Seeya
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

PreviousNext

Return to SOCAMO General Discussion