It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:11 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

SOCAMO General Discussion

***Official Zombie Bunny Shoot Thread***

General Discussion area.

***Official Zombie Bunny Shoot Thread***

Postby Marauder 1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm

elmer_fudd.jpg

It's Wabbit season!! Well at least Zombie Rabbit Season.. Here is the Official scoring Devil Dog and Myself came up with for the new Zombie Target.

Well it's still winter but spring is just around the corner, and with spring comes the Easter Bunny. Little Suzie is very excited to see what the Easter Bunny has brought her, unfortunately being the Zombie Magnet she is she's attracted the wrong bunny! Your job (should you decide to accept it) is to save Suzie's behind from the Harvey the Zombie Bunny. There are 2 different classes to shoot in this shoot. Harvey by himself is for fun. Harvey with Suzie for iron sites at 50 yards and for you long range scope shooters at 100 yards. Also beware of that harmless looking vest Harvey wears. That my friends is Bunny Body Armor! Any shots that hit that body armor are 0 points. There are 3 scoring areas on this Loathsome Leporid, They are as follows:

Harvey Target with Suzie Iron Sites 50 yards

Top Target = Neutralizer (Stops Zombies in there tracks)
Center Target = Paralyzer (Lower points While Harvey is still Dangerous he is immobilized)
Bottom Target = Sterilizer (this is the most devastating wound any rabbit can have. It's the multiplier)
10 shots total per target!

Top Bulls in the circle - 15 points
Middle Bull in the circle - 15 points
Bottom Bull - 25 points
Suzy - Minus 25 points

Strategic shot planning can yield some high scores.. So plan your shots carefully

Next for you long range shooters

Harvey with Suzie 100 yards scoped rifles
Top Target = Neutralizer (Stops Zombies in there tracks 15 Points)
Center Target = Paralyzer (While still Dangerous they are immobilized 15 points)
Bottom Target = Sterilizer (this is the most devastating wound a rabbit can have. 25 Points)
Hostage Killer any shot that hits Suzie minus 25 points per shot!
If your really brave Suzie's Teddy's ear is bonus points

Any bunny body shot- 5 points
Top Bulls in the circle - 15 points
Middle Bull in the circle - 15 points
Bottom Bull - 25 points
Suzy - Minus 25 points
Teddy's Ear 35 points

Here is the link to download the targets!
Harvey The Zombie Bunny without Suzie :!: This is a practice target only! Not to be used on the shoot!

Harvey The Zombie Bunny with Suzie
So let the Zombie Hunting Begin,! This shoot is open until the end of May. So don't worry if it's to cold right now you have time to save Suzie.
Let's have some Fun!
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: ***Official Zombie Bunny Shoot Thread***

Postby joiner » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:54 pm

Thanks Mark and Devil Dog for your time and efforts on putting together this rabbit hunt. To all who participate KILL EM BEFORE THEY MULTIPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Random avatar
joiner
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:07 pm

OK the shoot is open.. so grab those targets and start practicing. I'd like to get a count for those who plan on shooting if possible.
Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby GerryReno » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:29 am

count me in , great targets,i'll have to do a little eenymeenyminymo on which steel sighted Mosin to use lol
When will the official steel sight target be available?
You are only as good as your word.......everything you say is your word
GerryReno
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Marauder 1 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:39 am

The Bottom Target Harvey The Zombie Bunny with Suzie is the official target. So have at it.
Seeya
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby GerryReno » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:38 pm

um....maybe i shouldn't post pre-coffee lol
You are only as good as your word.......everything you say is your word
GerryReno
Sniper
Sniper

Postby joiner » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Count me in again Mark. The weather is great in the Bluegrass State.
Random avatar
joiner
Range Master
Range Master

Postby DevilDog » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Well, I took my 17 year old son to the range and let him 'have at' Zombie Bunny with his M44 (Iron sights at 50yds:
IMG_3069.JPG

He put 7 on Bunny, but 3 were body armor shots.

But thats 20 points!

Since no one else has posted a target, I am gonna call the hit line on Susie's head at the Yellow/beige inside color, the black line being 'shadow':(If no one objects)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:55 pm

NICE! It was raining here like crazy today so no range time with the M27 :(

Well he certainly gave bunny some new dental work. Tell him good shootin and welcome to the Mosin Fold.

Seeya
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Chenko » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:21 pm

Ok, so last thursday we played halfday hookie and went to angeles. the night before i thought maybe i should doouble check Chenko for scope zero and i got side tracked and didnt.

one of the things that i got sidetrack with was the cheek rest. the RSI with Leupold low profile rings is just too high for the boyds stock. some of you will remember that this has been a concern of mine since getting her back from TTI so i had to fashion a ***** check rest out of a keyboard gel wrist rest and some duck tape. (Please see the Chenko thread in a few minutes, i will post a pic there. i could really use so input.) keep in mind that this cheek rest obstruct the bore when the bolt is out.

anyway, this is the first time shooting her. we totally forgot the bench rest so i was stuck with using a the bipod. i figured this wasnt a big issue.

@50yards on a standard round target (8"?) aiming on the bullseye, she wasnt even on paper. in fact it took me 12 rounds to even find where she was hitting. i started making adjustment. i was getting frustrated and having a difficult time holding steady and adjusting the scope without a rest and my scope not having graduations because its a hunting scope.

finally i got to a point i thought that was reasonable which was 10 rounds taking out all of the bullseye.

so i am submitting this target for the time being. i will be going back after i fix my zero issue.

rangeweb.jpg

as you can see there is a target @50 and one @ 100

targetweb.jpg

the target was printed on 8 1/2 x 11"
ammo was yugo 150gr fmj
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Next

Return to SOCAMO General Discussion