It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:02 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Local Shooting Ranges

Anywhere local to shoot? (Laguna Hills area)

Got a favorite place to shoot? Post it here.

Anywhere local to shoot? (Laguna Hills area)

Postby coreythecourageous » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:25 am

So I just got my Mosin and I'd like to take it to a range and put some rounds through it. I am relatively new to the area and can't find anywhere that's not about an hour or more drive. There's a local indoor range (On Target) but they require a rife permit and it's only 25 yards.

Does anyone know some places local to shoot? I'm not trying to make a full day of shooting, just a quick test firing.

thanks
Random avatar
coreythecourageous
Grunt
Grunt

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Re: Anywhere local to shoot? (Laguna Hills area)

Postby DevilDog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:20 am

Well, now this guy is close to where I go visit for work (Irvine). I drove up to see Mark (Marauder) and it was about 1.5 hours. Oaktree is up there by him, so that's one option.

Poor Californians, so much open land, yet you cannot shoot on it. Up here in Oregon, you just find your local logging road.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby coreythecourageous » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:14 am

DevilDog wrote:Well, now this guy is close to where I go visit for work (Irvine). I drove up to see Mark (Marauder) and it was about 1.5 hours. Oaktree is up there by him, so that's one option.

Poor Californians, so much open land, yet you cannot shoot on it. Up here in Oregon, you just find your local logging road.

Ha yeah there's places closer than that but I was hoping for somewhere real close I can just cycle about 20 rounds. Driving over an hour seems like a waste for that.

And tell me about it! I moved here from Oklahoma, plenty of land to shoot there.
Random avatar
coreythecourageous
Grunt
Grunt

Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby DevilDog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 pm

MrD wrote:Awww DD dont rub it into to deep lol

No man, I really feel for you! There is a surprising amount of undeveloped hilly land down there that could have a range tucked into it. I am sure anyone within earshot would shut it down though. It's bad enough here on the established ranges.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Return to Local Shooting Ranges