It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

New ITAR Regs could effect modders

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

New ITAR Regs could effect modders

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:03 pm

According to the letter these do not require registration for ITAR.

a) Occasional assembly of firearm parts and kits that do not require cutting, drilling, or machining;

b) Firearm repairs involving one-for-one drop-in replacement parts that do not require any cutting, drilling, or machining for installation;

c) Repairs involving replacement parts that do not improve the accuracy, caliber, or other aspects of firearm operation;

d) Hydrographic paint or Cerakote application or bluing treatments for a firearm;

e) Attachment of accessories to a completed firearm without drilling, cutting, or machining—such as attaching a scope, sling, or light to existing mounts or hooks, or attaching a flash suppressor, sound suppressor, muzzle brake, or similar item to a pre- threaded muzzle;

f) Cosmetic additions and alterations (including engraving) that do not improve the accuracy, caliber, or other aspects of firearm operation beyond its original capabilities;

g) Machining new dovetails or drilling and tapping new holes for the installation of sights which do not improve the accuracy or operation of the firearm beyond its original capabilities; and

h) Manual loading or reloading of ammunition of .50 caliber or smaller.

Those involved in these activities are required to register with ITAR:

a) Use of any special tooling or equipment upgrading in order to improve the capability of assembled or repaired firearms;

b) Modifications to a firearm that change round capacity;

c) The production of firearm parts (including, but not limited to, barrels, stocks, cylinders, breech mechanisms, triggers, silencers, or suppressors);

d) The systemized production of ammunition, including the automated loading or reloading of ammunition;

e) The machining or cutting of firearms, e.g., threading of muzzles or muzzle brake installation requiring machining, that results in an enhanced capability;

f) Rechambering firearms through machining, cutting, or drilling;

g) Chambering, cutting, or threading barrel blanks; and

h) Blueprinting firearms by machining the barrel.

I think we need to setup some kind of deal with a few gunsmiths so we can get these done for us and stay legal.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: New ITAR Regs could effect modders

Postby Grindl » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:10 am

Well ; He's doing exactly as promised eight years ago . Remember ?

"What I can't legislate , I will Regulate , by any means necessary , to fundamentally transform America , to a nation we all can live in , together".
Barrack Hussein Obama

The one item on the list of , "Can't do's", without registering was Item "D", as it can , and will-be applied to anyone , at any time , when any govt. beaura-crat or ATF Gestapo agent chooses to do so .
Read it carefully ; Boys and Girls . The two most glaring words are "systemized production" ! Anyone who has ever loaded , or reloaded ammo knows that loading / or re-loading any ammo is a highly "systemized" process . Does that mean that We ; as sportsman / hobbyists , are now subject to prosecution under Federal Dictatorial caveat ? By the stroke of a pen from King Barack ; we are now guilty of heinous crimes against our fellow citizens ?

What is the real purpose behind all of these actions ? The Anti-gun Demon-crats know they cannot control the sale of guns any longer , so they'll go after the ammunition , instead . After-all ; "WE" all know that no one needs a 1,000 bullets in their home , for any reason". Hillary Rodham Clinton . Campaign speech , 2016.

By the Obama-Clinton definition ; I am a Federal Criminal . I have shot over 450 rounds this month , and "systematically reloaded" , 300 of those rounds , already placing me in violation , for not "REGISTERING"! So ; would someone be kind enough to tell me what happened to our national pride in having the absolute best marksmen in the world , that could shoot and reload freely , as they wished , to being a criminal for doing so . IF YOU DON'T REGISTER w the POLITBUEARU !

Rant Over !...............for now

While "THEY" don't go to the bathroom ; without a phalanx of Gun-totin , armed guards . Seriously ?
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 126 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby CCA762 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:23 am

Go to the Gun Collective site and watch the legal news video there on the ITAR issue. Very informative.
"I have created the blacksmith who fans the coals beneath the forge and makes the weapons of destruction. And I have created the armies that destroy." Isaiah 54:16 NLT
CCA762
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 36 times
Kudos  Received: 21 times

Postby Just1Spark » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:57 pm

"Repairs involving replacement parts that do not improve the caliber...."

What is 'improving a caliber' anyways? :roll:
Just1Spark
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 5 times
Kudos  Received: 10 times

Postby iridium-192 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Watch on youtube.com
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes

Black Mamba http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4931
Ultimate Mosin 2 http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4948
Earlier projects http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4949
iridium-192

Kudos Given: 326 times
Kudos  Received: 249 times
Medals: 6
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (2) NRA Member (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum