It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:59 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

Sad News

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

Sad News

Postby Grimstod » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 am

Hello everyone. I have been a long time user here and admin too but it seams I can't log in anymore except with one device and that device is failing as its an old laptop. I have tired to make a new account but it has never been approved.

Long story short this is probably goodbye. I will try to check back in but only if the security system here allows it. Lately that has been almost never.

I have lots of supper exciting development going on in the Mosin Modding world. I am getting into gunsmithing and will soon be offering my services to all similar to Jerry.

I am also working on a new wildcat I am calling the 6.5 Lapua and its of course based on the 7.62x54r. Here is a rendering of it. Its going to be wicked!!
17098313_638612702990152_5929034726116896096_n.jpg

I will try to log back input like I said the forum seams to be in pretty bad shape and wont really let anyone in. I know a few others friends I have here that have not been able to log in for over a year.

If you want to fallow me I have made Facebook groups for my gunsmithing progress and 6.5 Lapua case. I am also very active on these groups so if you need to contact me you can there.

6.5 Lapua group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/297973513939271/

Mosin Nagant Gunsmith group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1518564158217266/

More 311 Bullets group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/More311bullets/

I admin all of these groups and check them many times a day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle
Grimstod

Kudos Given: 290 times
Kudos  Received: 258 times
Medals: 7
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Re: Sad News

Postby Grindl » Fri May 19, 2017 11:37 am

Hate to see you leave , Grim . You have always been a wealth of information and ideas to advance the M-N community .

Due to being a heavily politically active conservative in my area ; I have always avoided "Drama-Central" ( F/B ), but I guess I'll have to get my wife to set me up with it , to stay in touch .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 195 times
Kudos  Received: 126 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Grimstod » Sun May 28, 2017 5:14 am

FB although owned by liberals is a great place to get conservative news. I use it a lot now. The mainstream news agencies are all so biased.

Yes I can only log in now from one of my old laptops and only on certain wifi networks. Its a real pain. I know sooner or latter even this laptop will get blocked. They I will be ton forever. I think Shootmatthews and 0933 are locked out too and can't get in. Jerry might be too as he is still on other places.
Aristotle
Grimstod

Postby Ombre noire » Sun May 28, 2017 10:44 am

Grimstod wrote:FB although owned by liberals is a great place to get conservative news. I use it a lot now. The mainstream news agencies are all so biased.

Yes I can only log in now from one of my old laptops and only on certain wifi networks. Its a real pain. I know sooner or latter even this laptop will get blocked. They I will be ton forever. I think Shootmatthews and 0933 are locked out too and can't get in. Jerry might be too as he is still on other places.

Hello Grimstod
I have been away from SOCAMO for a while (still love my 43' PU sniper, always will). Why you and other guys such as Shootmatthews and 0933 locked out? 0933 is a great guy, sent me free stuff, at his expense, that he machined himself to get headspace on my 43' Tula.
So, if you don't mind explaining; what is going on?
Carpe Diem
Random avatar
Ombre noire
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 14 times
Medals: 1
Video Award (1)

Postby Grimstod » Mon May 29, 2017 5:19 am

They are not in trouble. Just the automated security system is broken. Like I said earlier. Even I can't get on unless I use my old laptop and go to a special wifi spot. If I use any other device or computer the security system tell me that I am blocked.
Aristotle
Grimstod

Postby Deathsythe311 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:35 pm

Grim please accept my request to join the group. Thanks Ammon.
Random avatar
Deathsythe311
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 37 times
Nice Build Award (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Tue May 30, 2017 5:35 am

I haven't been locked out fellas. I've never had any trouble signing in. I've just been soooooo busy lately with work and trying to keep things up at home that I haven't had time to even touch a gun. I just haven't had the time to get on here. I still love this place. My wife and I volunteer with a lot of children's charities and then raising our own doesn't leave much free time at the moment.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Ombre noire » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:57 am

Grimstod wrote:They are not in trouble. Just the automated security system is broken. Like I said earlier. Even I can't get on unless I use my old laptop and go to a special wifi spot. If I use any other device or computer the security system tell me that I am blocked.

I understand, that must be a PITA; thanks for info!
Carpe Diem
Random avatar
Ombre noire
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 14 times
Video Award (1)

Postby Randalloc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:44 pm

Grim,
I had the same issue and was locked out for about a year.. tried several times to get back in and create a new name etc.. and then one day my old name started working again.. lol..
So keep trying.. you never know but I am on FB as well as many of you know...
Randall
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 26 times
Kudos  Received: 46 times
Medals: 5
Video Award (1)

Postby Saberists2000 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:03 pm

I actually responded to a post on another thread right before I read this... I am not even qualified to guess what is wrong with the system, but it doesn't appear to be affecting all users (though the "quick reply" button is giving me fits). The 6.5x53R looks cool as hell. Definitely throw a post up on here if you get a chance.
Random avatar
Saberists2000
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 18 times
Kudos  Received: 19 times

Next

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum