It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

M28-76 Project - The Finnstigator

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

Re: M28-76 Project - The Finnstigator

Postby Shepard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:32 am

Do you shoot one eye closed one eye open? You will be amazed with how well you can shoot both eyes open. Your mind sees what your concentrating on. Even with the other eye open you don't see what its seeing. Also your not swkinting, close one eye and see if your other eye starts to close. I bet you'll see if you look in the mirror. I have had a professional shooter teach me this and it works well.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby preachere » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:03 am

As always I'm amazed at what talented folks can do with firearms. I really like what you've done with the old girl.

Just so everyone knows, I'm the guy that sold DevilDog the barreled action for this project. I have a few left and about a dozen complete rifles left for sale; however, this isn't a sales pitch. I've sold these to others who are all equally amazed at what these can do. They are NOT your typical Mosin- the balance is great and the triggers cannot be compared to a standard Mosin in any way, shape, or form.

Most of the complete rifles I have left have the scope base mounted to them. There is a gentleman who is currently making adapters for this dovetail base that sport a Picatinny rail and upon which can be mounted any 1" scope and rings as are typically found here in the US. If not for this adapter, the base would only work with the Finn scope mount and scope combination, and no other. Check it out here-

http://mfiap.com/i-8411493-mfi-classic- ... 28-76.html

Be sure to read the whole description as there is much to learn.

For full disclosure, most of my remaining complete rifles have cracks in the stocks (wrist area) that are repairable. Or, you can go the route that DevilDog did and buy a beautiful aftermarket stock and with a few minor adjustments have modern furniture for your queen.

Regards,
Eric
Random avatar
preachere

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Slick4k » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:55 pm

So what are you getting for your M28-76? Is there a web site with pictures?
Thx
Slick4k
Don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense being late.
Random avatar
Slick4k
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Even11 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:31 pm

For those who are interested, Preachere is the a great seller, I bout 3 WZ-48 Mosin trainers from him a while back and they are still one of my favorites to shoot. Quick shipping, very quick to fix a human error, great communication. Buy with confidence!

/hijack
-Dane
Every snowflake is unique. There are uncountable grains of sand on the beach. Mosin-Nagants are like sandy snowflakes. You’ll never get all the ones you want.
Even11
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 72 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 3
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Postby DevilDog » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Yes, I bought with complete confidence. He was genuinely concerned about any issues I had and maintained great communication. He has some great pieces.

By the way, I made the stock ;)
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby DevilDog » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:18 pm

Final Report: BORE SLUGGING

It was tearing the family apart. The brothers M28-30 and M39 sat there looking at the young M28-76 whelp wondering 'Who was the father?'. It had both their sights, but that snub nose was all M28. However, Little Finnsty's bore seemed large, like Mr. M39. Who would take little that poor orphan under his wing...

There was only one way to find out...DO THE TEST!

Well, the lab results are in, Mr. Springer, the results please:
SlugReading.jpg

.3082...M28-30, You ARE the father :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby preachere » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:07 pm

Slick4k wrote:So what are you getting for your M28-76? Is there a web site with pictures?
Thx
Slick4k

I wish I had a web site up and running, but the only one out there is a stalled "work in progress" that looks horrible.

I have 5 barreled receivers left, two with bolts and triggers, three without. All have had the scope base removed and there are holes drilled and tapped into the top of the receiver and old solder present. Price would be $275 shipped for the ones with bolts and triggers and $200 shipped for those without.

I have about a dozen complete rifles left. Almost all of them have the scope base present but all of them have cracks in the wrist area. These cracks are easily repairable and I'm working on them as I go- so far I've only repaired the extra stocks I have, not the ones for the complete rifles yet, they will be next. Cost of one of these unrepaired complete rifles is $500 shipped.

And guys, I really didn't know I had any past customers here when I joined, just DevilDog. You have no idea how much your kind words mean to me. It has always been my top priority to take care of my customers, many of whom have since become my friends.

Regards,
Eric
Random avatar
preachere

Postby rjmt » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:38 am

I just discovered this post. I recently acquired a M28 and am looking for an M28-76 diopter sight, just the rear.
an alternative is a modern diopter sight that will fit the Mosin.

any feedback would be appreciated.

rjmt
Old Man on the Mountain
Random avatar
rjmt
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 36 times
Medals: 2
Nice Build Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum