It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:14 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

Durasight Deadon one piece scope mount on Round Receiver

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

Re: Durasight Deadon one piece scope mount on Round Receiver

Postby jaysny87 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:57 am

sounds like you need to drill and tap that mosin. i wouldn't count on epoxy alone to hold any mount for long. The best route would be to save up the coin to buy a rock solid industries mount and don't look back. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who regrets putting one of their mounts on a Mosin.

Cool AR by the way. i like the brake.
“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.”
- Noah Webster
jaysny87
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 41 times
Kudos  Received: 42 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1)

Re: Durasight Deadon one piece scope mount on Round Receiver

Postby redleg37 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:13 am

I tried writing a reply but it keeps saying my messages have too few characters, so I apologize in advance for rambling.

That brake was about $15 from Amazon. (Here is the link, it didn't include the wrench when I bought it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLY ... ge_o08_s00)

It works really well. There was a test someone online did of 30 different muzzle brakes, this one took third place in recoil reduction. The top two brakes where much more expensive. They sell this break in several different calibers and threading's. They have it in .308 threaded for both AR10 and AK47 threads, but the AK threads cost about $30 for some reason. The AR10 threads are similar price to the AR15 version.

I can't believe how much some companies sell what amounts to a threaded pipe with holes drilled in it.

Between this brake and my adjustable gas block there is no recoil to speak of. I love shooting it at night, as there is a pretty cool flame that is visible; and it makes a really nice deep sound for a 5.56 round.

The AR is a 1/7 twist 18 inch stainless steel barrel in 5.56 wylde chambering built on a TN Arms Co polymer lower. It has a magpul pistol grip and butt stock. It has an Anderson Arms upper (cheap, but it works fine), an "Omega Arms" keymod rail (again cheap, but it works fine) with a adjustable gas block. It features carbine gas, an AGL Defense trigger, and a nitride bolt carrier. All bolt and bolt carrier parts where MPI inspected. Total cost out the door including the Nikon P233 mount and Nikon Buck Master 3-9 scope was about $700.

My friend was able to consistently hit a 6 inch steel plate at about 200 yards with it, at dusk, and with some coaching I was even able to hit it a few times.

Edit: I feel compelled to add this; TN Arms Co is an awesome company with amazing customer service. I am not affiliated with them other than being a paying customer, but I had issues with my FFL dealer (Cabelas in Rapid City, whom I am now boycotting) and TN Arms Co got it resolved immediately. They offer a military discount and their lower receiver works really well. I was an armorer in the US Army for a few years and if their other receivers are like the one I received I would never hesitate to use one in battle. The only issue I had with mine was that it was difficult to get the safety lever pin installed because of the tight fit. It's noticeably lighter than metal receivers and they have some amazing demonstrations on youtube showing how durable the polymer lowers are.
Random avatar
redleg37
Gunner
Gunner

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum