It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:21 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

A pair of Mosin custom builds.

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

A pair of Mosin custom builds.

Postby CCA762 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:49 pm

We are going to be blueprinting and re-barreling these two actions over the next few weeks. I will try to keep a steady post of pics as the work progresses. I welcome any questions or advice. I'm only handling the mechanical end of the build and will be passing the rifles on to Bluegrass for the stock work but will hopefully be able to show the completed projects and the results of the work. Looking forward to how they turn out. Stay tuned!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I have created the blacksmith who fans the coals beneath the forge and makes the weapons of destruction. And I have created the armies that destroy." Isaiah 54:16 NLT
CCA762
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 41 times
Kudos  Received: 21 times

Re: A pair of Mosin custom builds.

Postby holescreek » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Looking forward to it!
Random avatar
holescreek
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 23 times

Postby Grimstod » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Lets hope Bluegrass is making them faster then they were when I build mine. It took 7months to get the first stock.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle
Grimstod

Kudos Given: 297 times
Kudos  Received: 262 times
Medals: 7
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby jaysny87 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 am

Exciting stuff. Two at once is quite the undertaking. I look forward to seeing the progress.
“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.”
- Noah Webster
jaysny87
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos  Received: 42 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1)

Postby CCA762 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:31 pm

The round receiver blueprinting has been completed and now to move on to the hex. You can also check out the progress on our Facebook page or our Instagram page, both are under Coyote Creek Armory.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I have created the blacksmith who fans the coals beneath the forge and makes the weapons of destruction. And I have created the armies that destroy." Isaiah 54:16 NLT
CCA762
Sniper
Sniper

Postby holescreek » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm too old fashioned for facebook and the others. Are those tools M-N specific and sold somewhere? I just made my own like I did for my Mauser.
Random avatar
holescreek
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 23 times

Postby CCA762 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:14 am

holescreek wrote:I'm too old fashioned for facebook and the others. Are those tools M-N specific and sold somewhere? I just made my own like I did for my Mauser.

Holescreek,
The tools are not Mosin specific but match the t.p.i. for the Mosin. The tools I'm using are actually made to cut everything at .010" oversize to ensure all surfaces and threads are truly recut and aligned with the bore line. There are two custom made pilot bushings that are in the bolt raceway that can't be seen in the pictures.
CCA762
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Fung_13 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Looking good.... Cannot wait to see the finished product....
Do all you do to the best of your ability for you never know who's watching.

Aim small, miss small
Fung_13
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 38 times
Kudos  Received: 27 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Postby Grindl » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:39 pm

It does warm a old tool-makers heart to see precision hand work being done the "Old-school" way . Most excellent ...and finishes look good on the surfaces and threads , too . Should make for a very strong and accurate shooter . Nice job.
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 197 times
Kudos  Received: 143 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby CCA762 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:33 am

Grindl wrote:It does warm a old tool-makers heart to see precision hand work being done the "Old-school" way . Most excellent ...and finishes look good on the surfaces and threads , too . Should make for a very strong and accurate shooter . Nice job.

Thank you sir. I'm use to doing this on rem.700 and savage actions. I was asked to see if it was possible to apply this type of accurizing to the Mosin. So far all is going well. I'm just as excited to see the results as everyone else.
CCA762
Sniper
Sniper

Next

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum