It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 4:14 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Modders Forum

Nagant precision stock must see!

Modders forum, tips, tricks and more..

Nagant precision stock must see!

Postby Bob the nailer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:08 am

Bob the nailer
One ragged hole!
The Quest for accuracy continues

www.knowyourzero.com
Bob the nailer
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 2 times
Kudos  Received: 14 times

Re: Nagant precision stock must see!

Postby Grindl » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Different . Interesting ; But I'll keep my Archangel stock over ANYTHING that even remotely resembles a AR-anything . Ever try to Horizontal-Butt-Stroke somebody with a AR/M-4/M-16 platform ?
That nice little gas tube , adjustable butt stock has the strength of a flexible straw , and turns the "God-gun" into eight pounds of JUNK . :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
If I'm going to carry a Tactical Sniper Platform , that means I'm in a combat situation , and I'm not going to bet my life , or anyone else's on a buffer-tube stock . Been there , done that , and did NOT like it .
Not a AR fan . Never was , Never will be . As we said in the "Nam" , You can tell it's swell , It's made by Mattel.
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 190 times
Kudos  Received: 115 times
Medals: 1
NRA Member (1)

Postby bearrowland » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 am

We just had this conversation at work the other day. When they went to the collapsible buttstock, they eliminated the butt stroke entirely!
Barry
Random avatar
bearrowland
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 106 times
Kudos  Received: 56 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1)

Postby Grindl » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:38 pm

I was pointing out ; what to me personally , was a design flaw in the platform . That's all . When things are happening around you , you don't take time to "think" about whether you can use a weapon in a particular fashion . You just do . And the after-math would be a in-operable Sniper rifle , even though it is a Bolt gun . Don't think I'd want to pull the trigger on that puppy after the tube-type butt stock got broken off .

It may be modern "Tacti-cool", but it just does not appeal to me for that one reason . Just personal preference from a broke-down , old "Shooter". :lol:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

NRA Member (1)

Postby bearrowland » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:07 pm

+1 on that Grindl! I'm no fan either, except in the weight.
Barry
Random avatar
bearrowland
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 106 times
Kudos  Received: 56 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1)

Postby Shepard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:17 am

I swear I have a tech leak some where. This is a prototype AA mag adapter AR style stock I started on over a year ago. It has a 16 inch barrel and it setup for S&W 500 Mag. I called it the MAR-50. It uses an AR butt stock - a solid fixed stock cause the bolt slides in side of the hollow where the recoil spring was. I wouldn't use a adjustable stock as the not all that stable.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Grindl » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:19 am

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery , Shep . Think what you could create with the funds and R&D of big companies . :think:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

NRA Member (1)

Postby Deathsythe311 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:30 pm

Shep I like your idea. How much and when would it be available? I have a rifle that needs a good stock to go into. Thought about the bullpup but that looks better.
Random avatar
Deathsythe311
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 34 times
Nice Build Award (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:44 am

Grindl wrote:Different . Interesting ; But I'll keep my Archangel stock over ANYTHING that even remotely resembles a AR-anything . Ever try to Horizontal-Butt-Stroke somebody with a AR/M-4/M-16 platform ?
That nice little gas tube , adjustable butt stock has the strength of a flexible straw , and turns the "God-gun" into eight pounds of JUNK . :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
If I'm going to carry a Tactical Sniper Platform , that means I'm in a combat situation , and I'm not going to bet my life , or anyone else's on a buffer-tube stock . Been there , done that , and did NOT like it .
Not a AR fan . Never was , Never will be . As we said in the "Nam" , You can tell it's swell , It's made by Mattel.

In a combat situation, I'd fire it with the butt stock broke off. Sometimes you just have to make do with what you got. On relative of mine that I only know as Major, got his arm blown off in nam and kept fighting with only one arm. After my dad and major came home my dad has told me the stories many time of watching him hunt with one arm. Shooting squirrels with a 12 that and deer with a 3006. Most of the time he'd find a sapling or something to prop the forearm or barrel on for extra support but dad has said he once saw him shoot a squirrel out of the top of a tree and with nothing close to help support his gun. He held it out straight armed and fired it like I have often seen faked it the movies. Only he did It for real and killed the squirrel. I never met him but have heard he was one tough SOB. According to the tales.

Not a fan of the collapsible stocks either. I do have an AR with a fixed stock. It feels sturdy enough for a good buttstroke. Hopefully I never need to find out.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 360 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 4
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Grindl » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 pm

Unfortunately ; I can speak to the "service-ability" of the AR / M16 / E3 solid / full stock for the M-16 , and it is one shot deal , seldom ever two on . They break off at the attachment point and bend the buffer tube to in-operable . It will do the job ...ONCE ! So make it a really good one . :lol:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

NRA Member (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Modders Forum