It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:54 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Front Porch

Any fish fryers here?

Off topic discussions. Come and talk about anything here, pull up a chair and rest a spell

Any fish fryers here?

Postby ShootnMathews » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:23 pm

I was wondering if there is any one here who likes to fry fish. I've got a recipe that I made myself that I've refined for my own tastes over the years and that I am thinking of packaging and selling in the local stores and shows here. Everyone I have ever shared it with has talked very highly of it. I developed and refined it over about 15 years trying to get a mix that I liked because for me every store bought fry mix I bought was either too salty or just too hot, which over powered and just ruined the flavor of the food. I actually use it for several things. Fish of all kinds, frog legs, morel mushrooms and garden veggies, like squash. I'd like to share the recipe with you all here as sort of test crowd. I don't care if you share it with others. I'm not trying to make a million off of it. I really would just like to make it available to others who like me could not find a fry mix that suited their taste. I do ask that you not use my recipe for profit. Share it with who you like only asking that they not use it for profit please.

Appalachian Fry Mix
-------------------------------
1 cup of corn meal ( I use fresh meal from a local mill here)
2.5 teaspoons of Garlic powder
2 teaspoons of Onion powder
2 teaspoons of Salt
1 teaspoon of Black pepper

Thoroughly mix dry ingredients together in a ziplock bag. Shake your food of choice and fry until golden brown or your desired taste.

Note - some spice manufacturers products are weaker or stronger in flavor and amounts may need adjusted with your ingredients slightly to achieve your desired taste. I have notice that grabbing different brands over the years in a pinch that the taste can vary greatly.

Anyways, enjoy and please if you use this give me some feed back on if you liked it and things that you would add, remove, or just modify.

Thanks
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Re: Any fish fryers here?

Postby jaysny87 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:05 pm

Sounds Good. To bad you didn't post this a day earlier. i just fried some catfish last night. I will give this a shot next time around.
“Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe.”
- Noah Webster
jaysny87
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 41 times
Kudos  Received: 42 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1)

Re: Any fish fryers here?

Postby ShootnMathews » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Great. Hope you like it.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Return to Front Porch