It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Front Porch

Sorry I haven't been around much.....

Off topic discussions. Come and talk about anything here, pull up a chair and rest a spell

Sorry I haven't been around much.....

Postby ShootnMathews » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:46 am

Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been around much. I've had a bunch of non-gun projects I've been working on. Figured since I had no gun projects to share Id show what I have been doing.

I built a small dock at the farm for the kids to fish off
image.jpg

I built a new chicken coupe for my girls. This one is mobile so it's helps both with keeping droppings from piling up and keeps them in fresh bugs and grass. My wife and imove it daily. I'll eventually get around to putting somebetter handles on it to move it with.
image.jpg

I've been working on my motorcycle. With all the house work last year it set all year and now I'm rebuilding the carbs and de rusting the gas tank. What a pain. Can't wait to get it done. I miss my bike.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last year the buck kill was the lowest I've ever seen I think. This year I'm getting pics of tons of bucks and some dandies at that. I've been trying to get a shack together At he farm to hunt out of for years. I finally got one put together. I'm going to try to set it up this weekend on some stilts. It's made almost completely out of scraps and project leftovers. I have less than $200 in it. It's 5'x4'. 6'6" tall. Has a battery powered light and fan mounted to the ceiling to circulate the air a bit. Walls are carpeted for sound absorption. 3" insulated walls and 4" ceiling. Lil'buddy portable heater. Shelving in corners for binos, drinks, or what have you and a capped pipe for um.... Liquid Bathroom use. The pipe will be ran into a leech pit covered with dirt once it's on the stilts.
image.jpg

I've also picked up some 275 gallon tanks for free that I'm going to turn in to a cistern at the farm. They are one time use water based paint for road striping tanks. I don't plan on drinking the water but it will be nice to be able to take a shower there instead of driving home every other night. I gave them a good blasting with the pressure washer and they came out pretty clean. The water company has been saying city water is coming for 10 years now. The well is messed up and I'm tired of waiting.
image.jpg

So that's what I've been up too. What have you all been into??

Jared
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Re: Sorry I haven't been around much.....

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:03 pm

Welcome back, yeah I've been working on a ton of projects as well. Instead on a Motorcycle mine has been a 1969 Mustang. I'm trying to show the boys basic mechanic skills. I've also got 2 project guns in the works but they are on hold while I work on the car. Just glad to have ya back

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Fung_13 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:07 am

Nice projects. Wish I had projects... I am still trying to finish my gun project but college has basically put the brakes on it and the need to find a gun smith.
Do all you do to the best of your ability for you never know who's watching.

Aim small, miss small
Fung_13
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 34 times
Kudos  Received: 26 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:57 am

Thanks Mark and Fung. I've still got a ton of stuff to do. I never really cared too much for the red on red flames on my motorcycle gas tank. So I did a little work to it this weekend. I like it much better now. I also built some stilts and got that hunting box up in the air about 9.5 feet. Ready for season now.
image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Postby ShootnMathews » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:11 pm

The hunting shack
image.jpg
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Return to Front Porch