It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Parts Vendors

New Muzzle Brake

Need a part and don't know where to get one list your favorite parts vendors here with links to there sites

Re: New Muzzle Brake

Postby Shepard » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:59 am

A muzzle brake - no matter what type screw-on or clamp-on transfers the blast energy to the barrel reducing the over all recoil. Depending on how efficient the brake is -- that could be a little to a lot. One of the big things I'm seeing is a bunch of ak and sks brakes reworked to fit a Mosin barrel. Compare the energy created by 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 VS 7.62x54 and think about the engineering the went in to the brake. It's like trying to stop a tractor trailer with pickup truck brakes. Now hook up the brakes with a 10-32 screw ---- or ------- bolt it on like a nut to a bolt. Both ways may work -- but when it comes to guns, I build them like a Brick Out House.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Mikeyboy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:44 pm

Thanks Shepard, I just saw this post on the 2nd page. Yeah it was exactly like the m44 one in the bottom pic. When I shot the 44 for the first time I was really surprised at how much the rubber buttpad helped out. My shotty with rifled slugs kicks a smig harder than the rifle and I can deal with that. For 40rds max at a time of course :lol: My friends and I had a GOOD laugh at the fireball the shorter barrel spits out compared to a 91/30. Anywho, I have yet to try my precision upper stock repair (hose clamp over band basically) from a previous arsenal repair.
Mikeyboy
Grunt
Grunt

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Mikeyboy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:23 am

Hey guys I know it's been awhile but I randomly found the previous link I put up and ordered http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/mosinnagantm3 ... break.aspx
since it was back in stock. And I picked up a sweet 18" skinners knife lol. I will let you know how it does or how far down range it goes. Shepard I did not get to your pm in time, sorry about that.
Mikeyboy
Grunt
Grunt

Postby Grimstod » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Let us know how it works. I have always like the way this one looks
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle
Grimstod

Kudos Given: 290 times
Kudos  Received: 258 times
Medals: 7
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Mikeyboy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:38 pm

UPDATE FINALLY! UPS FINALLY showed up with my muzzle break from e-sar last week. I just got back an hour ago from testing it out. shot 10 surplus rounds to check my stock repair - Good to go. Put on brake, prayed and pull the trigger. It worked so well I started laughing. Shot the other four and handed it over to my buddy who never has shot a mosin before and he shot 5 with and then 5 without. I personally felt a night and day difference in the recoil and he said 25-35% less recoil. Shot about 10 more through it and had to get to the other guns. I can honestly say I was impressed and would recommend trying one out if a screw on one is out of the budget right now. This thing weighs about a half pound and feels pretty solid. The fit is like a glove and comes on and off in 5 seconds. I am trying to go again this monday so I'll try to keep an eye on any q's that come up.

Wed-8/21. Shot another 20 rounds with no signs of coming off, checked thumb screw and it did need a touch of tightening after 10 rounds. Still has its kick but I think I can say around 20% reduced recoil (conservatively). I want to try it out at the range next time and maybe get a video of it in action. (could be awhile though) :/
Mikeyboy
Grunt
Grunt

Previous

Return to Mosin Nagant Parts Vendors