It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:19 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Parts Vendors

Question for Mark

Need a part and don't know where to get one list your favorite parts vendors here with links to there sites

Question for Mark

Postby Chenko » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:03 pm

Mark, can you describe how you shipped and received your rifle went you had Teludyne do its magic?
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Re: Question for Mark

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Yep:
Here is what I did. I went and purchased a Plano double rifle case that was pillared. The reason for getting the pillared one will be obvious later. I removed the bolt from the rifle and rapped it in bubble wrap. I then wrapped the rifle in a light blanket. I placed the rifle and bolt in the case and closed it. I went and purchased some thick zip ties and tied the case shut at the pillar holes on the front of the case. This way it would not pop open from vibration.

Then I went to a box store and found a box that was long enough for the rifle and case. Unfortunately the box was MUCH to wide so I had to cut it in half. I made one cut on each side but on the opposite edge so that they would overlap. It looked like 2 cardboard L's. Buy doing it this way it made the top and bottom double thick. I cut the cardboard down width wise so it was just big enough for the case to slide into. Any extra space was filled with bubble wrap etc.

I shipped the scope mount and other stuff in a separate box, the double rifle case came in handy for the ride back since the rifle was now sporting it's scope and mount.

I called around about shipping FedEx, UPS or USPS will ship it as long as it's unable to be fired and they box does not disclose the contents. I went with FedEx

Hope that helps
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Chenko » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:27 pm

so no ffl drama or anything like that then? i have never shipped a firearm so i am not really familiar with the laws. so i assume teludyne just shipped it straight back to you.
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 pm

Yep:
I already had the FFL stuff when I purchased the rifle. It really no different than sending a rifle out to a gunsmith in a different state for modifications. You just have to make sure you cannot tell what the item in the box is. Example would be written on the outside of the box: Firearm handle with care. That would be a No No..

Remember Big 5 and others get there rifles all the time from UPS

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Chenko » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:35 pm

geezuz!!!!!!!
10 dollars for a frackin box for the flambeau double rifle case to fit in so i can send it to TTI. i have been pestering bicycle shops for over a week now but those pick ups that go around town collecting cardboard keep snagging the boxes. i was going to use a bicycle box and cut it down. ugh ugh.
anyway, after this process is done, if anyone needs a box so they can ship off to TTI and you live in LA, send me a message. no reason for anymore people to have to deal with outrageous 10 dollar price.
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Postby Noel » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:54 am

I dont know how I missed this one, Sorry...

You can always ship a rifle in a hard side rifle case and pad lock it. Either send me the combos or mail me some keys. A very popular option with SOF guys is to ship rifles to us in pelican cases, we use the master key (bolt cutter) and remove the locks and there is a new set in the box for the return trip home.

This makes box purchase a non issue.
Random avatar
Noel

Postby Chenko » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:58 am

thanks Noel, you guys are already in possession of it. i did the same as mark. a double rifle plano put in a bicycle size box.

ill be giving y'all a call today to take care of monies and what not
Chenko
Range Master
Range Master

Return to Mosin Nagant Parts Vendors