It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Marksmen of Faith

Prayer Request

Post your prayer requests here,

Prayer Request

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:07 am

Nothing to serious, I just need your prayer for wisdom. I've been tasked to build and design the PA system for our new sanctuary. The budget is very small and I need to get this in by Feb 2nd. The equipment won't get here for another 5 days or so.

I'm going to be working very late with my youngest son, my oldest son has a minor surgery on the 29th (pray that goes well for him please). So he down and cannot help, so with all that being said I have to install equipment, wiring, wall mount speakers, dial in the mixer and run the room curve. It looks like in one night. I'm also asking that you pray I don't catch what my wife has at the moment. I have to stay healthy so I can do this. The pressure is awful with this many folks depending on me..

Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Prayer Request

Postby ShootnMathews » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:52 am

Wow. Busy man. All that would get a mans head spinning. I'll pray for you.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby b0neZ » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:40 am

Prayers sent.

Sounds like quite a task ahead! I trust you've already done a rough diagram of the equipment placement?

How are you going to handle the room curve?
Random avatar
b0neZ
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 13 times
Kudos  Received: 4 times

Postby bearrowland » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:04 pm

You got it Mark....don't be afraid to ask for help. I learn that lesson continually as I go along.
Barry
Random avatar
bearrowland
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 106 times
Kudos  Received: 56 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) NRA Instructor (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:08 pm

b0neZ wrote:Prayers sent.

Sounds like quite a task ahead! I trust you've already done a rough diagram of the equipment placement?

How are you going to handle the room curve?

I have all the proper tools including a spectrum analyzer to run the curve out. The problem is that the carpet may not be in until after the system so it looks like a second dial in session maybe needed. I've already measures and pre-built all my line level ceiling runs with plenum rated audio cables. Every speaker is an active type so they will be totally independent of each other power wise and input wise.

Outboard gear will be some of the stuff out of my own studio until they can get what they need. I've also setup the projector to run video over CAT5 and built a PC as a permanent install. No laptops required.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Gamecock24 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

I have faith in you. Mark.
Gamecock24
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 182 times
Kudos  Received: 160 times
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1)
Finnish Variant (1)

Postby Grimstod » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:16 pm

Talented people can make limited tools go a long way.
You have Gods Blessing Mark.
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Aristotle
Grimstod

Kudos Given: 290 times
Kudos  Received: 258 times
Medals: 7
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 pm

UPDATE:

First off let me thank you all for your prayer and encouragement. Today was the first meeting in the new church. Matt my youngest and I had a 11 hour day yesterday installing the system. We ran into some issues with access for wiring. We finally had the system up and running at 9:00pm. I had not tuned it yet however. I've been doing this for a long time and kind of ball parked the EQ setting until we can get a formal dial in day.

Well I must tell you this morning I woke up a little more than anxious, at the last minute the pastor told me that we had a bluegrass group coming to sing. So I arrived at the building this morning and decided to just do my best. The group arrived but they didn't do a sound check (ok now I'm flying blind) So they came up to sing and with in a minute I had them dialed in and I have to tell you they sounded simply awesome through that system. I think it even surprised me, I was getting kind of choked up. Let me tell ya boys the Lord is good. We had one hiccup and that was the pastor forgot to turn on the Lavalier mic.

Now for a cool story that goes along with this, I was short 2 graphic EQ's and a rack system to put all the outboard gear into. I'd checked every local music store and no one had anything in stock. Something kept telling me go to the pawn shop. We only have one in town and so I went. I walked in the door and what do I see but a rack sitting there with a dual graphic EQ sitting in it. The price tag on the EQ said 99.00 and the case had a tag as well I couldn't read. I asked the guy how much for the rack and he said 40.00, ok I could afford the rack but then he asked if I wanted to buy the EQ? I told him I simply didn't have that much cash available. He asked me what I was using it for, after telling him he looked at me and said give me 60.00 and it's yours. SOLD! Now I had the exact amount of EQ's I needed and a rack to house the entire setup in!! I'm telling ya God is good.

Well that's it. Keep praying that I can get the time to dial the system in completely. Thanks again to you all.

Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby ShootnMathews » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:45 am

God is good, and he watches over his sheep. Sometimes his work is obvious, sometimes we can't see it until later down the road, but he's always there providing and guiding.

Jared

Glad everything worked out Mark. :thumbup:
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby b0neZ » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:28 am

Mark, that is great news! Have a huge smile after reading your update.

Never doubted things would work out exactly as they were supposed to, though.
Random avatar
b0neZ
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 13 times
Kudos  Received: 4 times

Next

Return to Marksmen of Faith