It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:33 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Marksmen of Faith

Had a bit of a scare last week

Post your prayer requests here,

Had a bit of a scare last week

Postby Marauder 1 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:17 pm

First off let me say thanks to all the members of my church who lifted me up in prayer after having to make a Sunday morning run to the urgent care facility.

Here is what happened, the weekend before was our church picnic, we were all having a great time and my boys and I decided to play a little catch with a hardball. Another you boy wanted to join in so no biggie we thought. He ended up bouncing 2 hard shots off my shin. Now I've had this happen many times playing ball as long as I have but these felt different. In fact the second one hit me about 2 inched below the first and while it hurt like crazy it didn't swell or have a large knot.

Jump forward to Saturday night, I'd been helping a neighbor move and was jumping in and out of the truck, that night I went to get ready for bed and I had a HUGE bruise at my ankle, then I took off my shoe and there was about a 8 inch long by 2 inch wide bruise on the bottom of my foot that was very dark purple.

Needless to say it was a bit scary. So after dropping my sons off at church I went to see the docs. After X rays and poking a prodding. They said I had ruptured a large blood vessel in the shin area, and because the skin and muscle there are so thin and tight it had been draining down to the lowest point it could pool. In fact I had a straight line where the top of the my sock had held back the blood. They sent me home with orders to stay off my feet and to keep them elevated for a day or 2 with ice packs. They said I had all the classic symptoms of a fracture but none could be found. Thank the Lord it was nothing serious and I got a couple days off work to boot.

Well thanks brothers for listening.
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 364 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Had a bit of a scare last week

Postby kermit » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:44 am

kinda grasping at straws to get a day off work, no? heal my friend.
kermit
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 70 times
Kudos  Received: 10 times

Postby Marauder 1 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:10 am

Heheh no not really, I'd been ignoring it for over a week and it had gotten worse. Some of it due to work. It's almost healed now other than my shin is still very sore when you press on the area.

Thanks Kermit.
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby farmerboy78 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:42 am

You're lucky it didn't fracture it...I've been hit in the hand with the result of a fracture. ..
Random avatar
farmerboy78
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 93 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) Nice Build Award (1) NRA Member (1)
Finnish Variant (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby Alan LA » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:03 am

Sounds scary alright. Glad you're on the mend.
Random avatar
Alan LA
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 13 times

Postby Shepard » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Glad your healing up.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:53 pm

farmerboy78 wrote:You're lucky it didn't fracture it...I've been hit in the hand with the result of a fracture. ..

That's what they thought I had done at first. It's sort of a weird feeling when you pull your shoe off and the bottom of your foot is almost black and it wasn't that way when you put it on that morning.

Seeya
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Return to Marksmen of Faith