It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:54 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Variants

M28/76 Video

Finnish M27, M39 M28-76, Captures and any others

M28/76 Video

Postby Marauder 1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:04 pm

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz9UbVUzWGo[/BBvideo] I saw this video and while I was watching it I started to think wait a minute, somethings not right here."it's not supposed to do that" Watch for the smoke coming out of the bolt. And while I don't own a M28/76 yet I don't remember any of my M91/30's doing this. What do you think?
Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: M28/76 Video

Postby USSR » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah something isn't quite right there. I have seen that video before but I guess I must have missed that. Possible headspace issues maybe or popped primer?
делать это в одном кадре
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 Ex Sniper - "M9130A2" heavy barrel custom
1955. Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto project
1954.5 Chinese Type 53 Carbine - Resto 95% complete (Sold)
1942 Izhevsk 91/30 - Resto complete (Sold)
USSR
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 2 times
Kudos  Received: 22 times
Medals: 3
Custom Builders Guild (1) Dart Board Challenge (1) Video Award (1)

Postby DevilDog » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:20 pm

*facepalm*

So many things wrong here. Ok, lets start with the shooting PRVI ammo. I shot it from my D166 M28/76 action, and it did not do that. Fouled like mad, was not particularly accurate, and I just did a few as a test. But I know from my seating tool how liberal the lands are on it. Especially compared to the non D166 M28-76 I have now.

Shooting a bullet a thousandth over is pretty common, and a .310 bullet on a .3082+wear bore is not the critical thing as much as the throat, hence why a D166 was done to accomodate Russian ammo.

D166 expands (lengthens I would guess) the throat so that the fatter bullet will not jam on the smaller bore, which it could very well do and appears to BE DOING in this video (so sad).

That is why he has a tough time closing the bolt. It appears to be creating a headspace gap and he bellingerently ignores the dangerous sign of blowback and perhaps a lot of pressure(in his face no less).

He seems to indicate it did not group for him well, and nobody talks about BABY like that!

He needs to tighten the cant on the bipod for good groups, and then there is target selection.

Shooting the diopter is GREAT for high contrast circles. I have just been amazed by what groups I get shooting at a tiny dot:
100yds.jpg

300yds.jpg

200gr Sierra .308's on 52gr IMR4350

It's the circle in a circle in a circle effect...crazy man.

Silhouettes I have found...tricky. Nothing like that. Not even close....actually seems more like what you would expect iron sight shooting to be. I score nice hits, but very inconsistent sight picture. Different front inserts help that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

M28/76 Video

Postby iridium-192 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh boy... Somebody just take this rifle away from this guy before he injures himself & others! This is insane & he is totally unaware of it!
Feci quod potui, faciant meliora potentes

Black Mamba http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4931
Ultimate Mosin 2 http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4948
Earlier projects http://socamo.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4949
iridium-192

Kudos Given: 326 times
Kudos  Received: 249 times
Medals: 6
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (2) NRA Member (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 am

I posted a comment to this guy on You Tube..

Hey Greg. Do you have the official ammo spec for the M28/76? I know you said that they are short shouldered and once fired brass won't work in them.. Now I need to find some unfired Lapua somewhere and set about half of it aside just for this spec.

Unless I stumble on some Finnish ammo. Hmmm I wonder if that match ammo I bought is correct for this.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby DevilDog » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am

All the Finns are like that, and any unfired brass will do. I even pulled the bullets on some PRVI and loaded up that brass.

I do not have a spec, but by observation it seems that the Finns did not OVER bore/ream for clearance in dirty battlefield conditions as the Russians did.

My M28/76 action had to be finish reamed to chamber NEW Lapua brass because it was not arsenal finished.

It was done with a standard 7.62x54R reamer, and still will not close on brass fireformed in a Russian.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Variants