It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:21 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Variants

M39 Barreled Action

Finnish M27, M39 M28-76, Captures and any others

M39 Barreled Action

Postby AssassinBean » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Bought my first Finn the other day. It's a 1944 M39 barreled action for my project gun.

http://www.gunsnammo.com/7141X.htm

Is there anything I should know about these Finns? I was planning on getting a Timney Trigger for it. I assume the standard mosin timney will work fine? Also I'm ordering a stock in the future. Some places don't seem to have a specific cut for M39. What would be the closest action to get it cut for?
AssassinBean
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 54 times
Kudos  Received: 29 times
Medals: 4
Custom Builders Guild (1) StraightJacket Owners (1) Nice Build Award (1)
Finnish Variant (1)

Re: M39 Barreled Action

Postby DevilDog » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Congrats!

The Finns are built on Russian receivers, so standard stuff will work. The bolts are tricky with headspacing, but it looks like you have that and are good to go.

M39 is a .310 bore, so just about anything works in it!

Keep your brass seperated. It is D marked, but still Finns have a habit of being "short shouldered" and not chambering brass which has been shot/fireformed to Russian rifles.

On the stock, the rear sight takes up room not normally inlet for. Just plan to have to widen one if you do not see an M39 there is no other common designation among Finns.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Variants