It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:57 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Variants

Bought/got my first complete M39 Finn.. I likey!!

Finnish M27, M39 M28-76, Captures and any others

Bought/got my first complete M39 Finn.. I likey!!

Postby Randalloc » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Hey Folks...
Though I started into Mosin more to mod them I do appreciate them and have grown to learn and treasure some of the beauties. Been eyeballing a M39 for some time and finally got my M39.. a '42 B barrel in great shape. Looking forward to shooting it soon.
M39-3.jpg

M39-2.jpg

M39-1.jpg

M39-4.jpg

M39-5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 26 times
Kudos  Received: 46 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Bought/got my first complete M39 Finn.. I likey!!

Postby Marauder 1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Looks awesome, I'd check that firing pin depth it looks VERY deep. I have 2 Finns an M27 and an M28/30 nether one of those will ever see a mod. That being said if I found a barreled action that needed some work the M39 is a great candidate for making an awesome rifle.
Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Bought/got my first complete M39 Finn.. I likey!!

Postby Randalloc » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Yep that firing pin needs some checking ... I will take her all down look her all over before I take her out for a little ride soon.
You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.” - Albert Einstein
“Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.” ― Max Ernst
Randalloc
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 26 times
Kudos  Received: 46 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (2) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Variants