It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:51 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Gun Clubs and Club Shoots

how about a so cal mosin meet

OK it was suggested that we have an area for Gun Clubs so advertise your Club activities here. CMP activities etc

Re: how about a so cal mosin meet

Postby cwilliams » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:16 pm

This isn't the formal meet, but I'm throwing it out there that I plan to be at Oak Tree with some members of my family who are all gun enthusiasts on Saturday, Aug 25, at around 8 or 9am. I will be bringing along my 91/30, M44, Swiss K-31, and a Marlin Model 49 .22LR if I get a chance to clean the internals up in time (it's in jail until the 24th).

One of my uncles has quite an arsenal and I'm not sure entirely what he'll bring, though I'm hoping for some old Winchester lever actions. The other has said he'll bring an SKS, 10/22, and some pistols. Again, not the formal event, but would love to meet anyone from the forum if you want to come out.
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby notabiker » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:53 am

thank you for the invite, i really want to shoot at oak tree. i must work 1/2 day saterday to finance my gun habbit. then i am going to the costa mesa gun show. i need legal ammo and a hand guard for my SKS. please post a invite in the future HAVE FUN.

PS is the night rifle range ready ?
Random avatar
notabiker
Range Master
Range Master

Postby cwilliams » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:04 pm

notabiker wrote:i must work 1/2 day saterday to finance my gun habbit. then i am going to the costa mesa gun show.

PS is the night rifle range ready ?

Just a heads up, the Costa Mesa gun show is THIS weekend (Aug 18-19), not next. I will be at the range on Sat, Aug 25th.

I have not heard anything else yet if the new AR range has had its lights installed. I promise this will be the first place I post once I hear anything.

For next weekend's shoot, I just picked up a French MAS-36 to go along with the ever growing collection. I couldn't turn down $175 :mrgreen:
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby cwilliams » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:53 am

I'm just bumping this one in case someone hasn't stumbled across it. Please see the above posts. So far my family group is growing and so are the guns that everyone wants to bring. We will have calibers from .22 on up to .30-06. I'm not sure if we'll start at the pistol or rifle range, but we will be there nonetheless! Please PM me if you would like to meet.
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby cwilliams » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:30 am

Last bump to confirm I will be there Saturday morning. Have a great weekend everyone!
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 am

Hmmm what time Saturday? My oldest son is having a Birthday party that day but I think that is later in the day.
Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby cwilliams » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:12 pm

The range opens at 8am and we plan to be there right around then. We have my grandfather's 93rd birthday party to attend to in the afternoon and will probably be there until 1 or 2.
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby KentuckyWindage » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:50 pm

How was it?
I wish I had seen this earlier! I'm only 30 minutes away from Oak Tree.
-Joey

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
KentuckyWindage
Gunner
Gunner

Postby cwilliams » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

It was awesome! We had an all family group of 6 people with 9 rifles and 6 handguns to shoot at our hearts desire. The rifle range wasn't busy and we had an excellent time. Great family bonding experience :)

My favorite rifle in my collection was my K31 which shot the best groups I've ever been able to accomplish. The Swiss made an amazing gun! One of my uncles brought along an SKS and I think I'm going to make that next on the list. Very tame recoil and a great deal of fun to shoot. We were having a hard time hitting anything with the M44, so I'll I've to get that one on paper to see where it is printing. It also had the hardest recoil out of anything we shot! My 91/30 was pretty dead on for using surplus ammo. All in all, paper was made into Swiss cheese, steel was dented, and none of our guns blew up! :)
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby KentuckyWindage » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 am

Always a good day when nothing blows up in your face. I really want to get an SKS...that is the next one on my list, but I think I'm done buying firearms for a while (or so I told my girlfriend).
Does Oak Tree allow surplus ammo?
Let me know next time you go there, I would love to bring some of my toys and do some shooting. Not sure if you saw in my other post, but Oak Tree is where I learned to shoot sidearms when I was a high school student. My dad and I took a NRA Handgun course together from Brian.
-Joey

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
KentuckyWindage
Gunner
Gunner

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Clubs and Club Shoots