It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:38 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Gun Clubs and Club Shoots

how about a so cal mosin meet

OK it was suggested that we have an area for Gun Clubs so advertise your Club activities here. CMP activities etc

Re: how about a so cal mosin meet

Postby Red Guards » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm

notabiker wrote:
Red Guards wrote:Great idea for a gathering. Perhaps in the future we could do a non range shoot out in the scrub between S.D. and L.A. and truck pool to the location?

good idea, i am even up for a coffee shop meet and greet. have a burger and BS all things mosin.

Thanks this looks like fun if it could be done in safe way for group.

[BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCX5zj6zvtM[/BBvideo]
Red Guards

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby TheRighttoBearArms » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:09 pm

Red Guards,

You wanna Run N Gun the 91/30's?... Cool ! Well definitely, we'll need some certified guidance but I'm sure we can all handle it. We're Mosin owners, for Pete's sake. I think that might be better as a Spin Off to a Range though.

Speaking of Spin off ideas, I will be meeting up with CWilliams and whomever wants to shoot at Oaktree on a Friday night. I already have trusted friends in the area who are not into guns so I'm familiar with the area.

Anyone who wants to join us is welcome! Send me a PM.

RBA
Dear Brutus, our Fates lie not within the stars but within ourselves... Senator Cassius
TheRighttoBearArms
Sniper
Sniper

Postby Yatzee982 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:15 pm

If this is an open event I would love to join as well. I have a few Mosins I have been doing a lot of cleaning to but no shooting of yet and I would like to change that ! Being located in San Dimas I have been trying to get something going locally for a few friends of mine who have recently purchased Mosins also and are looking for place/time to do some shooting also. So this sounds like a great opportunity to do some shooting and some learning ... I could use the learning myself as the last time I shot a rifle was '04 at FT. Benning basic.
"God Helps Those Who Help Themselves"
Current Roster:
'43 Tula PU Sniper
'43 Izhevsk PU Ex-sniper x2
'37 Tula PE Ex-sniper Laminate
'34 Tula Ex-dragoon
'44 Izhevsk M44 Laminate
'68 No Mkr/No Date M39
'44 VKT M39
'51 Tula SKS
??
Random avatar
Yatzee982
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:10 pm

Is that next Friday? Hmmm I think I'm gonna have to show up then. I'll just have to check my schedule. Hey cwilliams PM me asap.
Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

how about a so cal mosin meet

Postby cwilliams » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't think we have set a day yet. I may be at Oak Tree on Friday morning with some family, but nothing set in stone yet.
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby BruinGuy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Hey all,

New here, just found out about this board.

One of the members here posted about this on Calguns, and there seems to be a lot of interest.

I'd definitely be up for a Mosin meet and shoot at Oak Tree. Friday from 4-10 would be a great time, because they open the longer range rifle range (50-100 yard) and it's half price ($10) for range fees. They also allow surplus ammo.

I look forward to seeing what the final plan will be!
Random avatar
BruinGuy

Postby Red Guards » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 pm

TheRighttoBearArms wrote:Red Guards,

You wanna Run N Gun the 91/30's?... Cool ! Well definitely, we'll need some certified guidance but I'm sure we can all handle it. We're Mosin owners, for Pete's sake. I think that might be better as a Spin Off to a Range though.

Speaking of Spin off ideas, I will be meeting up with CWilliams and whomever wants to shoot at Oaktree on a Friday night. I already have trusted friends in the area who are not into guns so I'm familiar with the area.
Anyone who wants to join us is welcome! Send me a PM.

RBA

[dropshadow=blue]Yeah this is spin off. Run N Gun or we can call it the Mad Ivan...if not at a range why not shoot a combat rifle the way it was meant to be shot?

But the main event for now will be at the range...[/dropshadow]
Red Guards

Postby notabiker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Yatzee982 wrote:If this is an open event I would love to join as well. I have a few Mosins I have been doing a lot of cleaning to but no shooting of yet and I would like to change that ! Being located in San Dimas I have been trying to get something going locally for a few friends of mine who have recently purchased Mosins also and are looking for place/time to do some shooting also. So this sounds like a great opportunity to do some shooting and some learning ... I could use the learning myself as the last time I shot a rifle was '04 at FT. Benning basic.

i am in chino hills, used to live in san dimas as well. i am open to some local mosin get together.
pm me if you would like to come to my house and bring your mosin and we can check out each others mosin.
Random avatar
notabiker
Range Master
Range Master

Postby cwilliams » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:09 pm

BruinGuy wrote:Hey all,

New here, just found out about this board.

One of the members here posted about this on Calguns, and there seems to be a lot of interest.

I'd definitely be up for a Mosin meet and shoot at Oak Tree. Friday from 4-10 would be a great time, because they open the longer range rifle range (50-100 yard) and it's half price ($10) for range fees. They also allow surplus ammo.

I look forward to seeing what the final plan will be!

They half price thing is something I wasn't aware of. I payed a full $20 fee. Is there somewhere on their site it is posted or is the half price after a certain time?

They also open up the range on Saturday at around 4pm. This was coming straight from the mouth of the RSO. If anything has any other information, definitely post it up.
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Postby BruinGuy » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 am

I can't find the $10 Friday range fee on their website now; I know it was the case that Friday after 4pm was $10, but maybe they changed it since now it seems the rifle range is open all day Friday...

I'm going tomorrow so I will double check, and I'll also ask if there is any special deal they might do for a group that wasn't asking for a reserved range.
Random avatar
BruinGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Clubs and Club Shoots