It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:58 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Gun Clubs and Club Shoots

oak tree NO FMJ

OK it was suggested that we have an area for Gun Clubs so advertise your Club activities here. CMP activities etc

Re: oak tree NO FMJ

Postby notabiker » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:38 pm

i E mailed SGAmmo ad they returned saying no ammo for the magnet test. WHAT i do like their prices . can you use a credit card with them? thanks.
Random avatar
notabiker
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 0 time

oak tree NO FMJ

Postby cwilliams » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:03 pm

The Russian surplus is magnetic, but not because of a steel core. The jacket has ferrous metal in it and thus attracts a magnet. This is why it's called bi-metal jacket. Oak Tree has told me they allow it there and I have shot it two weeks in a row, and it will be a third coming up. If you want to get away from magnetic, you're going to have to shoot factory, hand loads, or cross your fingers some Yugo surplus shows up on the market.
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

oak tree NO FMJ

Postby cwilliams » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:34 pm

I just wanted to give a heads up that Oak Tree is now starting to change their minds regarding magnetic ammo, even if it is bi-metal with a lead core. I've read numerous posts on Calguns where ammo is now being checked. Ironically, they seem to still be selling some of the ammo in question (Wolf) but were cracking down on guys shooting it. Makes no sense right now as I'm waiting to see if they get yet another written answer as to what is allowed. The MFS brand commonly sold at Big 5 was also a problem.

Burro during the wet season anyone? That is, if we get one...
cwilliams
Sniper
Sniper

Re: oak tree NO FMJ

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Fire season is upon us and they are most likely playing safe for now.
Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Previous

Return to Gun Clubs and Club Shoots