It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:31 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Range Reports

M28/76 Diopter Set - Report and SALE!

Show off your groups here

M28/76 Diopter Set - Report and SALE!

Postby DevilDog » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:21 pm

I trotted my '68 sneak M28/76 original to the 600yd line to do some open sight shooting. I just love the challenge of striking a target I can barely see, it becomes all about sight picture.
600Yd_diopter_2.jpeg

Now mine was not that great, but I got off enough good shots to make me smile. The 9 ring is 3MOA, and most were inside that, for my old eyes I was happy.

Now, I know a few folks out there have M28/76's without a diopter, and they are impossible to find seperately.

Well, here is your chance. The diopter I set up for The Finnstigator is up for sale:
diopter_set.jpg

The rear eyepiece was missing, so this unit has an adapter and is fitted with the later model eyepiece, which is the .9mm long distance aperture.

The front sight is a Lyman aperture with interchangeable inserts, which has it's base modified to fit the Finn Mosin.

These are UNOBTAINIUM, and I am offering the set here for only $150, less than it cost me to put it together.

PM me if you are interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Medals: 5
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Re: M28/76 Diopter Set - Report and SALE!

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:55 pm

So DD this begs the question what is next for the Finnstigator? If your getting rid of the dioptor sites is there a scope in the future for it?

That's still really good for a non glass set of optics.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby Shepard » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Superior shooting -- I have to ask the same question -- after all the work -- what can you that will be better? You have a beautiful build the can shoot both ways -- scoped and iron. I'm saving my money for bullets, so this will have to wait.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Postby DevilDog » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Marauder 1 wrote: If your getting rid of the dioptor sites is there a scope in the future for it?

Remember I have (2) M28/76's, Finny and the original. SO I can sell this diopter and still have it both ways!
The Finnstigator is actually mounted with an RSI mount at the moment, and I will continue to shoot league with it this summer.

At the end of summer I plan to sell the barreled action w/mount.

Improving on this group just involves better sight picture. I was shooting at about 7:30PM, so the light was poor and target not as crisp for a good picture.
"Delight is to him — a far, far upward, and inward delight — who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self."
- Herman Melville
DevilDog

Kudos Given: 0 time
Kudos  Received: 4 times
Master Builder Award (1) NRA Member (1) Zombie Shoot (1)
Finnish Variant (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1)

Postby farmerboy78 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 pm

DevilDog wrote:
Marauder 1 wrote: If your getting rid of the dioptor sites is there a scope in the future for it?

Remember I have (2) M28/76's, Finny and the original. SO I can sell this diopter and still have it both ways!
The Finnstigator is actually mounted with an RSI mount at the moment, and I will continue to shoot league with it this summer.

At the end of summer I plan to sell the barreled action w/mount.

Improving on this group just involves better sight picture. I was shooting at about 7:30PM, so the light was poor and target not as crisp for a good picture.

Did you ever sell this barreled action?
Random avatar
farmerboy78
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 1 time
Kudos  Received: 95 times
Custom Builders Guild (1) Nice Build Award (1) NRA Member (1)
Finnish Variant (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Return to Range Reports