It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 3:53 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Range Reports

Cool Evening At Oaktree Gun Club

Show off your groups here

Cool Evening At Oaktree Gun Club

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Well last night I had the pleasure of meeting up with 0933 at Oaktree Gun Club for an evening of Mosin Nagant lead throwing. I'd brought out my M91/30 with the 22 inch straight jacket and my Chinese type 56 SKS. My sons brought there .22's along and we punched a lot of holes in paper.

T is a really cool guy, also helped my with some bad shooting habits I'd picked up, my sons and I had a lot of fun. The range master wanted to take a photo of my Mosin and T had pics of his. I think we may have made some other converts along the way. I also got to buy some brass from one of the guys on the range to add to my reloading stash. Hope we get to do this again and maybe some of you other CA guys can meet us there..

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Cool Evening At Oaktree Gun Club

Postby ShootnMathews » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:14 pm

That's great. Too bad everyone is all spread out. I'd love to get a bunch of these sweet Mosins together for some longrange fun. But....I'm way over here on the east coast
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Postby 0933 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:43 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and the company Mark!! :thumbup: Thanks for having me out!

I really enjoyed shooting your latest build... that TTI straight jacket is definitely lighter than a conventional bull barrel, and the brake definitely made the recoil pleasant. Thank you for letting me shoot her Mark!

That bluegrass stock was something else too!! One of these days I'll have to do another build... with a bluegrass stock! 8-)

You've got to love all the people that come up admiring your handywork... Definitely opened a few people eyes to what can be done with these rifles!! :clap: :clap:

I look forward to next time Mark!! Tell your boys hi for me... :D
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:42 pm

T next time you come out there will be a second rifle with a Bluegrass stock and TTI barrel for us to use at the range for sure. (opps I guess the cats out of the bag on that now) My boys really had a great time and can't wait to get out there again. Maybe next time we'll go hit up Wes Thompsons and try the 1000 yard steels. Who knows maybe we can get Dzmitry to come out too..

Glad you made it home safely, stay in touch.

Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Postby 0933 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 am

The cat's definitely out of the bag on that one!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully next time out, I can bring some of my rifles and gear... ;)
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Kudos Given: 267 times
Kudos  Received: 300 times
Medals: 13
Custom Builders Guild (1) Master Builder Award (3) Zombie Shoot (1)
NRA Member (1) Haller Shoot Award (1) Finnish Variant (1)
1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1) Video Award (1)

Return to Range Reports