It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Tools and Equipment

Front Site Adjustment Tool!

Discussion of tools and equipment for gunsmithing and refinishing of Mosin Nagant Rifles

Front Site Adjustment Tool!

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:12 pm

OK this is a tool that no Mosin Owner should be without, I purchased one of these off ebay some time ago and it's sat quietly in my shooting box until it was needed.

Today I needed to remove a front site from a hunk of barrel that was cut off my old rifle. So I broke out my little red tool.
ebay 012.jpg

Simply place the barrel in the groove with the hex head screw setting against the site and turn the screw with a allen wrench.
ebay 002.jpg

The site comes off or can be adjusted without any muss or fuss. In my opinion it's the only way to get proper alignment on a front site.

I think you can still get them through BuyMilsurp.com These go for 25.00 but it's so worth the cash. I've had mine for over a year and it was great to have one when you needed it.

Seeya
Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Front Site Adjustment Tool!

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:48 am

OH and when I removed the site I was shocked at how crooked the slot was for the site. This is really a must have if you have a iron site Mosin that is shooting to the right or left.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Return to Tools and Equipment