It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:11 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Tools and Equipment

Chronogragh

Discussion of tools and equipment for gunsmithing and refinishing of Mosin Nagant Rifles

Chronogragh

Postby Shepard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am

Hi; just wanted to show you a tool that will help you in your re-loading. If you like to know what speed you rounds are traveling to figure bullet drop. This is the type of tool you'll need, this is my setup.

It's a BETA MASTER CHRONY. It has a separate readout panel on a cable. Makes it so your partner can write down some of the info as you shoot. I keep it out as far as the cable lets me.
I never realized that the machine sees the bullet. I always thought that the upright rods and parts were an antenna but no. It uses photo cells that see the bullet, that's why you need to keep the unit out from the table 15-18 feet. If you don't -- it will see and read the muzzle blast instead of the bullet. It will give a false reading.
I had an old shop light that was junk and the lights were held on by one bolt. So I use it to perch the unit on the top mount, works perfect. Very strong and stable, a camera bipod seemed weak.
I bought mine off ebay for 124.00 dollars and the guy was in NY so I paid sales tax but delivery was super fast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Return to Tools and Equipment