It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:39 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Tools and Equipment

Looking at a Proxxon Mini Mill

Discussion of tools and equipment for gunsmithing and refinishing of Mosin Nagant Rifles

Looking at a Proxxon Mini Mill

Postby Marauder 1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:34 am

I'm looking at possibly purchasing a Proxxon MICRO Miller MF 70 to do some small mill work. The price looks pretty good and I don't have a ton of room so the size is ok for now. I do know you can convert this to CNC later on which I probably will do if I purchase one.

Anyone had any experience with the Proxxon machine?

Thanks
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: Looking at a Proxxon Mini Mill

Postby Shepard » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:31 pm

What do you plan on doing with this tool? Just remember -- you get what you pay for. I have a medium size mill and I wish I bought a larger one. If I had only waited a few more months I could have afforded the one with a power feeder on the table. Don't get in to big of a hurry. You might find a used larger one. I know size is a problem, but in the long run I think you may regret going so small.
I walk in the foot steps of Carlos Hathcock -- to my end.
Shepard

Kudos Given: 288 times
Kudos  Received: 261 times
Medals: 11
Master Builder Award (4) NRA Member (1) Dart Board Challenge (1)
Target Haller Author (1) 1000 Yard Shoot (1) Benefactor Award (1)
Video Award (1) Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1)

Re: Looking at a Proxxon Mini Mill

Postby Marauder 1 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Thanks Shep:
I was looking at doing some mods to small aluminum parts for a new Mosin Nagant part design. I understand what your saying for sure, I was also looking at a small computer based CNC mill so I could repeat the process as much as I needed.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking as well. Most guys who have this one like it

Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 365 times
Kudos  Received: 342 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Return to Tools and Equipment