It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:28 pm
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Ammo & Reloading Discussion

RCBS Trim Pro - 2 case trimmer

Products and Reloading Tips

RCBS Trim Pro - 2 case trimmer

Postby Grindl » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:22 pm

After a couple years of hand processing cases by the hundreds , I came to the conclusion that enough , was enough . After doing a bunch of research on the subject of case trimmers , it came down to just two that held my attention . The finalists were the "new" RCBS Trim Pro-2 , and the similar unit from Redding .

I chose the RCBS unit for several reasons , but the main one was having to make few , or no change-overs of plates , etc .

The Trim Pro-2 has the spring-loaded shell holder that accepts our rimmed cases beautifully , and holds them very tight while trimming is being done . Adjustment is very easy , and it has a fine adjustment wheel that give .001 adjustments very accurately .

It took all of ten minutes to open it , unpack , and set it to be trimming cases . If you get the "Kit" ; it comes with nine (9) different pilots , and of course , does not have one for the .311/.312 , but I used the .308 pilot , and found it to be extremely accurate . Out of forty-five cases turned , no case had more than a .001 , ( one thousandths ) variation in length .

If you are looking for a trimmer for the first time , or looking to replace your current worn-out trimmer , I highly recommend taking a look at the RCBS Trim Pro 2 , with the spring-loaded shell holder . A outstanding piece of equipment ... :thumbup:
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 193 times
Kudos  Received: 124 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Re: RCBS Trim Pro - 2 case trimmer

Postby ShootnMathews » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:12 am

Awesome. Thanks bud. I love these real world unbiased tech reviews.
ShootnMathews
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 363 times
Kudos  Received: 273 times
Medals: 5
Custom Builders Guild (1) NRA Member (1) Winner Haller Shoot (1)
Mosin Nagant Channel Videograp (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Re: RCBS Trim Pro - 2 case trimmer

Postby Grindl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:52 pm

You're welcome . When any piece of equipment costs nearly a hundred bucks , I think we all want straight-up answers about the quality of that equipment . We can buy that item with some confidence , knowing it's been recommended by someone we know by reputation , at least .

Nearly all of my reloading stuff has been bought by recommends from members on this site . And I haven't been disappointed yet .
If not me.....Who ?
If not now ....When ?
Random avatar
Grindl
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 193 times
Kudos  Received: 124 times
Medals: 2
NRA Member (1) Mosin Hunters (1)

Return to Ammo & Reloading Discussion