It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:46 am
Change font size
Southern California Mosin Owners The Forum For Mosin Nagant Enthusiasts Worldwide!

Mosin Nagant Collectors Forum

New addition to the family

Mosin Nagant Purist and Collectors Area

New addition to the family

Postby Marauder 1 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:58 pm

No not a baby, but I just got my first look at my 2 latest additions a 1923 Ishevsk M91/30 and a 1942 M38 Barreled action.

The M91/30 looks to be in great shape although there is a little surface rust. Nothing that can't be cleaned.

The M38 barreled action also looks to be in fine shape, I'm just going to have to find parts for her. I'll post some photos when I get them out of my phone.

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kudos Given: 368 times
Kudos  Received: 347 times
Medals: 4
StraightJacket Owners (1) NRA Member (1) Finnish Variant (1)
Video Award (1)

Re: New addition to the family

Postby Grimstod Desh » Fri May 04, 2018 1:30 am

Please do Mark. I have a pile of receivers now on my desk. What kind of plans do you have for the M38?
Random avatar
Grimstod Desh
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 11 times
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Marauder 1 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:10 pm

That's a good question Grim, I've been bouncing a bunch of ideas around. The barrel is in great shape so I would hate to remove a perfectly good barrel.

I was thinking of a more tactical rifle utilizing the RSI M-24-C rail system and while I haven't finalized this idea perhaps a modular style stock. Or perhaps taking a Archangel stock and modding it. I have a couple ideas I'd love to try to make that stock even better.

I would also like to tread the barrel to possibly install a flash forwarder. to try and prevent white out through the scope in low light.

I was also toying with the idea of "jeweling" the bolt something I've never seen done on a Mosin bolt.

I'll probably have you shim the bolt face. IF you have the time.
If you have any ideas I'd love to hear em guys

Seeya
Mark
“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.” (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Grimstod Desh » Sat May 05, 2018 4:16 am

Now that you mention it I have never seen a jewel bolt either. They take a lot of work though. Maybe this is something I should try. All the complicated surfaces on the bolt will make it tricky though.
Random avatar
Grimstod Desh
Marksman
Marksman

Kudos Given: 11 times
Kudos  Received: 0 time

Postby Marauder 1 » Sat May 05, 2018 11:21 am

Yeah or you could jewel the face where the bolt handle sits and leave the rest as is.

Seeya
Mark
Marauder 1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Video Award (1)

Postby Deathsythe311 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:07 pm

Mark I’m looking for a barreled m38 action. If you could part with it I have a m38 stock set that need a home. If you need another mosin I have a high wall I could trade or even a mosin chassis.....
Random avatar
Deathsythe311
Range Master
Range Master

Kudos Given: 3 times
Kudos  Received: 37 times
Medals: 1
Nice Build Award (1)

Return to Mosin Nagant Collectors Forum